Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

day 4

11 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Never give in, never give in, never, ever, never.  This I'm doing and will contiue to do.  4 days without a smoke you are on track.  Keep it going!
11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Andreadcrisp69!!!

Welcome and congratulations!  One more day and Hell Week will be behind you!  I see that you have already gone through the milestones of the Program... excellent!  There is additional help in the Tools section that may be of assistance to you in alleviating your boredom!   Make sure that you do find something to keep yourself busy or that nico-demon will keep whispering those not-so-sweet nothings into your ears!     I chose to spend as much time here as I could for distraction and for the valuable information and support!  It really helped me!

Try to keep a Positive Mental Attitude as best as you can!  The negative thoughts are what bring about those snappy responses to your friends and loved ones!  This doesn't have to be terribly unpleasant process!  You CAN do this and you CAN do this with a smile on your face!  You are on your way to freedom from this terrible addiction and that is one major positive to remember and hopefully maintain that big 'ol smile on your face!!! 

Stick close, read and learn from all of your new quit buddies here and choose something new to do that you never had time to do while you were smoking!  You know... those 5 minute smoke breaks that you are no longer taking could be put to use doing something that you've always wanted to do! 

Don't forget those rewards!  You need then and by golly, you deserve them!  It doesn't have to be expensive and sometimes there are things that you can do for yourself as a reward that cost absolutely nothing!  WOO HOO!!!

Hang n there!  Keep reminding yourself that you CAN do this!!!  Always positive!  k?

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,220.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 8

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 124 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Chris
I am on day 5 and it DOES get better, hang in there buddy 

11 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Crisp,

Hang in there! This will get better, but you may have to work at it!  Curb that boredom by changing your routines and habits, it will help with the craves.

Keep busy and make a list of chores or activities you can do
Relax-Using relaxation techniques can help ease your mind and body..try some every night
Have coping mechanisms ready:
Chew gum
Stress ball
Good book
Walking
Stretching

You almost done one week so prepare a celebration!

Josie, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your almost there.Don't give in.I kept telling myself "if the first few days are the worst I can't give in because I do not want to do them over again "
I kept busy and kept moving to keep my mind off the crave,They really don't last that long if you can get your mind on something else.
Reminding myself of the positives helps too. " I smell like my perfume not smoke, My chest is not heavy,I am not coughing,I get longer hugs from my Grand children.
It can only get Better and it Does.
11 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
so far I have went 4 days i quit on Oct 10 2012 . It has been tough the past couple days I am on the patch but just the boredom when I am home or getting upset with the small things here lately it seems . I have been snapping at people for small things I know it's just the nicotine cravings but it's hard but I want and need to quit so far so good I have not gave in once

Reading this thread: