Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,522 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

One very bad week

11 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lyna-we are both on day 9. I just wanted to offer support and sympathy on your loss. Hang in there and let's support each other-we can do this!
11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lynal1,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure you mother is very happy somewhere knowing you are attempting to quit again.

Good for you for setting a quit date already! I also think it's great that you plan on going back to the gym. This will help maintain your mood and weight while you are in the quitting process. Just be sure that you make quitting as your number one priority. If that means sometimes having to skip the gym then so be it.

Be sure to read through the program and continue reading and posting in the forums. The more information you can arm yourself with the better. Also plan on giving yourself rewards often. How will you reward yourself for getting through day 1?

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 76 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am so sorry for your loss. I am here if you need me! We all are! You seem to have a great attitude about this quit!
11 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great to hear you set a date,and your getting back up and fight awesome!! You will fight this time Stay Strong! jmk
11 years ago 0 27 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
On day two of been smoke free, my mother passed away, too much for me to handle and I went back to the cigarettes.  This has been a very mad month and am stuggling too cope with the sadness and what has been a horrible rollercoaster of all the emotions that come with greiving.  I have now set a new date, which is the 1st of July.  I am looking forward to starting a new healthy life and want to live a long happy life for my family.  I can still remember the two days smoke free, gee I smelt fantastic, not masking the smell of smoke with perfume, but wearing perfume to smell lovely.  I havent been to the gym for a month but will get back into it next week.

Lynne

Reading this thread: