Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

New Start

11 years ago 0 124 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back Lynal1. This is your home
11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Lynal1!

Welcome and congrats on your decision to begin your journey towards freedom!  I am also sorry to hear about your best friend's passing.  I, too, have lost family and friends to diseases caused by smoking and it really sucks!  I made a commitment after my father died to quit and I am on the road to success!  You can do this too! 

Continue on with the Program and read and learn from all your new quit buddies here!  There is a wealth of information here on the Forums!  We've all been in the position you are in and want nothing more that for you to attain your freedom!  If you have any questions, post or use the search function on the main Forums page. It really works well in directing you to relevant posts.  So, yell if you need a hand!  One day at a time!!!

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,272.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 13

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Lynal1,

I am sorry to hear about your friend. It angers and upsets me to hear this as unfortunately hearing stories this like this is common when discussing smoking. It is unfair. I am happy though that this motivated you to come here. Good for you for pulling such a big positive from a very negative situation.

Start by reading through the program. The more information you have the better equipped you will be to tackle. Also, read and post often in the forums. Many members have attributed their success to the support they have received in this support group. Lastly, set up a rewards system. Reward yourself and celebrate whenever you can.

What do you need to do in order to ensure you stay committed to this? How can we help you stay committed?

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 27 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all, and firstly to you all, congratultions.  This is not my first time at giving up smoking.  My motivation is high as my best friend of 23 years passed away 2 weeks ago as a result of a stroke, she was a smoker as well.  Makes you realise how important life. I haven't had a smoke for 24 hrs now and am just doing it one hour one day at a time.   all the best to you all.  

Reading this thread: