Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Modifying behaviour

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
momma,

Welcome to our support community and please know that we can help you every step of the way.  Have you started to prepare?  Try making a basket full of items that can help with the hand and mouth association of the quit.

Use gum
candy
stress ball
magazines
crosswords

Add anything that will help you take your mind off the craves.  Please post with us if you need assistance as we are always here.

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hiya mommasquittin....welcome to the site

Lots of help and support here........Just post.........we'll respond.  When the crave gets bad.......post and wait for 5 replies.......it'll be gone then.  All of us went through Hell week.......that's the first week.......and the first 4 days or so is the hardest.  It takes that long for your body to cleanse itself of the drug...then the physical craving and withdrawl is over.......all mental after that.
Rest as much as you can , drink lots of fluids, Ice water, Gatorade, Juices......helps to flush your system.  Keep your mind focused on the prize.......being a non-smoker.........
Reward yourself for beating a crave......for each day.......Read here about rewards......very important.
Read and post........
You can do this.........

we'll help............
Hugggggggg
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 64
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,920
Amount Saved: $268.80
Life Gained:
Days: 13 Hrs: 11 Mins: 30 Seconds: 38

15 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hello everyone...i just quit my pack a day habit about 30 minutes ago. I feel fine now, but ive tried to quit before so I know what is to come...any support would be great
Now you can go back and visit marivi as a fellow NON-SMOKER..........

How cool is that???

Bob

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 64
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,920
Amount Saved: $268.80
Life Gained:
Days: 13 Hrs: 10 Mins: 49 Seconds: 19

15 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When quitting I found time stood still, it seemed years went by when only an hour and I thought I would never make it. Then I decided to enjoy time standing still, my age would have to stand still too then. I guess I am trying to say take something negative and turn it into a positive. Worked for me. By the way, went to Mexico for the first time in my life just before I quit. It was my last hoorah. I have to say I LOVE Mexico. I'm so jealous Marivi gets to live there.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/29/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 62
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 930
Amount Saved: $465.00
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 7 Mins: 30 Seconds: 33

• Quit Meter

$174,401.28

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6492 Hours: 3

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Stronger
If I can do it,I'm sure you can do it! Quit for yourself and protect it! The first week is hard, so hang on. You experience physical discomfort because your body experiences withdral symptoms. But they last 5 days. Just imagine you contracted the flu. You just go trough it knowing you will get well.
That is the case of the first days of the quit. Go trough them knowing that it will get better!
Drink lots of ice water, and have your hands busy. Have celery and carrot sticks on hand. Hard candy and chewing gum are good too. Some enjoy pumpkin seeds. For some reason I enjoy the popsicles a lot. and the otter pops too.Anyhing frozen made my cravings more manageable.
I also recommend you to read every night your ten reasons to quit. Make this process the number one priority in your life.
Be selfish with your quit. Protect it no matter what.
Yell, cry or eat, but don't smoke! You can experience some moodiness; it's o.k. your loved ones will understand!
Don't let your guard down. You deserve to be smoke free and break apart from our nasty addiction!
Hugs and Welcome
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 67
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,005
Amount Saved: $100.50
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 17 Mins: 14 Seconds: 35

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
stronger,

Welcome and know that we are behind you all the way!  You have some great support and you are setting an awesome example for your child!  Prepare, ask questions and post often.  This site has what you need!  An easy to use program, tools, tips and most of all members that know what you are going through.

Don't hesitate!

Josie, Health Educator
Welcome to the site stronger.

Sound like you have a GREAT cheerleading squad there....... Just listen to him.......he knows you are strong and can do this.......
Post and Read all you can.........you're in the hardest week......called Hell Week.  At 3 days you are very close to having your body rid of the drug and the physical craving and withdrawal will start to ease up.  Another day .......drink lots of fluid......water, juice, gatorade to help flush it.
The mental cravings start after that and they can be hard.  You have to be strong.  READ........POST........yell and rant if you need to.....I did.
When you feel you are going to cave.........post and wait for 5 replies........that will get you through.

you can do this!!!!!

Huggggggg
Bob

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 63
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,890
Amount Saved: $264.60
Life Gained:
Days: 13 Hrs: 7 Mins: 28 Seconds: 36

15 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi
I am on my third day of quiting(mines the half a cig i found in ashtray today)which actually made me feel worse than i thought,i cant say i feel the greatest,actually i feel pretty bad all around,but i don't want to die young and i would love to see my grandkids and be in a healthy state when that time comes,i have a ten year old who holds my hand and tells me mummy you can do this you are strong,now as sweet as that sounds it makes me feel terrible because i am the one who is meant to support him and he is meant to live a worry free life of a child. i always thought i had to do this myself so its a huge relieve to find this sight,i really could use all the support i could get,and if anyone knows support groups who meet up and chant or something i am willing to try it,anything anything not to fail this time again.
thank you
growing
stronger

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/28/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 3
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 45
Amount Saved: $19.35
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 6 Mins: 36 Seconds: 5

15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, 

Myth: You have to give up coffee and tea to quit smoking.

Fact: Many smokers are used to smoking when drinking coffee or tea during or after meals, during coffee/tea breaks, in the office, or in restaurants. You don’t have to give these drinks up though to be successful in your quit. Try to modify the times or places that you enjoy a coffee or tea to non-smoking environments. Have a glass of water with your coffee or tea to give your other hand an activity to do.

Faryal - Health Educator

Reading this thread: