Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

I never would have believed it

16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cabbage, As you can see you're not alone! Great support being shown here! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cabbage, I'm with you on this one. Sometimes I feel ashamed that I was a smoker. I'm ashamed and embarassed that this freakin' drug totally controlled my life. On top of that, it does REALLY smell bad, I have to admit that I still occasionally go out with my smokin' work buddies, I don't mind the smell while they're smoking (for some reason) - it's afterwards; in the elevator, Good God it stinks! I would NEVER tell them that they stink....ALOT of non-smoking people put up with my stink for 30+ years. Some days I want to apologize to all my non-smoking friends for stinkin' them out for all thoese years. I'm just happy to have escaped with my health. Loulee [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 140 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,500 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,260.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cabbage39, interesting name you have there. I used to feel the fool & very, very sorry for myself .... but i'm over it thank goodness. Smoking was such a crap chapter from out of our short little lives. The fact is we always had it in our mind to quit sometime, just not now right ! Pitty the poor smoker, their non-smoking partners, car interiors, houses, clothes, work colleagues & anyone who walks behind & beside them... cos they stink !. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1191 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 41,685 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7,741.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 174 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$12,476.94

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 624 Hours: 7

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi C! Sorry, couldn't resist.... Actually, I quit because I was at a poker night and there were about 50 people there, and only 3 smokers. I was one, and I was actually EMBARRASSED that I smoked, and then, when I went home that night and lay down, I was audibly WHEEZING. That was enough for me. And I know what you mean about being a hard line ex smoker, I never wanted to be one, but it seems to me that you almost have to look at smoking in a negative way, or else you will still think about it in a positive way, like romanticising the addiction. If that makes sense. Hugs, Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $440.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
16 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
maybe I'm coming down with something, but for the last week whenever I see someone smoking I feel sick to my stomach. That goes for movies as well as passing people on the street or waiting at a bus stop. I never thought I would be a hard liner ex smoker who gets all offended by smokers...and here I am, feeling queezy at the smell. I am beginning to ask myself why did I ever smoke in the first place? I don't like it when that question pops up in my head, because i smoked for 24 years and I'm not ready to think of my foolishness in all its stark reality yet. Anyone else feeling like a fool these days? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 575 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 23,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11,500.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11

Reading this thread: