Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Tragedy

17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Danielle :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,166 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $485.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, I am bumping this thread for those individuals wishing to express their condolencenses to the individuals affected by the VA Tech tragedy. We respectfully ask that all posts for this tragedy be contained in this thread. [i]A Message From Lainey[/i]: May the Lord be with you to guide you through this terrible tragedy! May the Angels be with you to carry you as you bury your sons and daughters, fathers, mothers and friends! [i]A Message From Gonnadoit: [/i] Amen. [i]A Message From JT:[/i] My families thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends from Va. May they take some comfort in knowing that their loved ones are with our Lord and they will be reunited when it is ther time to take the journey home. Julie [i]A Message From Dupe:[/i] Lainey, How thoughtful of you. My struggle with nicotine seems so small compaired to what these people are going through. I will continue to pray for all involved, but I feel especially sympathetic towards the family of the young man who committed the murders. I wonder how they will properly mourn the loss of their son amist the media frenzy outside their home. Dupe To all those affected by this tragedy, we wish you strength. Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lainey, Yes, please feel free to express your condolescences to the affected community on this thread. Danielle ____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree, a tragedy such as Va Tech, has had us all glued to the news. I can only imagine the pain those families are going thru. It does make you think in terms of "How would I deal with something like this, now that I am a non smoker?" What strategies would you lean on? I think I may need to rearrange and upgrade my tool box of helping skills. Mods, would a community prayer for those killed, the students and family be out of the question? :8o: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,118 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $464.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have to admit that major stresses have always been a huge trigger for me - So that being said I am avoiding (as best as possible) all major stresses. I'm not saying I'm hiding my head in the sand, but I am not spending nearly as much time watching the news. I flip the local news on, get all the highlights for the day - which takes about 6-7 minutes and then that's it. I have to protect my quit and knowing what can set me off.. I simply avoid. J xo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 356 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $143.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[i]I've had the same experience. Crisis/trauma is a trigger - I would be sitting next to you Tutti - glued to the t.v. and chain smoking, then I would join Mercy outside to de-brief and chain smoke. This tragedy also puts this whole quitting thing in perspective re: life's challenges! [/i] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,846 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $338 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,350.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 11

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes Tuttie, I associate trauma stuff with smoking and talking to my daughters. I would get home from work after hurricane Katrina hit....and pop on the TV and yes...smoke. Funny.. you would have thought smoking would have been distracting as I didn't smoke in my house. So I had to run with my coffee out the sliding glass door and sit on the step to smoke..and then run back in. Weird. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,734 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $384.42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Is there anyone having more cravings due to the stress and grief from the VA Tech tragedy? I seem to be having more this afternoon. This is the first tragedy since my quit. Normally, I would be glued to the TV while smoking one behind another. I won't smoke but I was wondering if anyone else is having some cravings from listening to the news and feeling so.....somber. Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $208.22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58

Reading this thread: