Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

I smoked

17 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Erika, Don't beat yourself up about smoking again. Its very hard to do. The very first time I tried to quit was many years ago, but i didn't even go for a day.This is my 4th attepmt. Hope i can stick to it. Today is 2 weeks for me. I get the cravings real bad still, but not as much. i have to fight, fight, fight. I want a drag soooooooo bad sometimes. So far i didn't. So hang in there. If you don't succeed, try try again. As they say on here...never quit quiting. Good luck girl.
17 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all for your support and for not judging me. Today I felt awful but am thankful that I didn't go back to my regular smoking habits. I have smoked 3 cigarets today. I'm going to set a new quit date but only tell all of you in the support group. I don't want to tell my husband, kids, friends, etc. so I won't feel like they are watching me and because I don't want to disappoint them. I know that I can share it with you because you are all in the same situation or have been. I'm off to a swim meet (out of town) tomorrow and probably will not smoke much at all. My only obstacle is that my husband will smoke in the car (I know that I won't). I've booked a hotel that is completely non-smoking (the entire property - you can't even smoke in the bar) so this will definitely help me. I know some of you are saying that I should just try again immediately but I am going to listen to my doctor and wait until the Wellbutrin is almost completely in my system. I'm also going to go through the workbook again and re-examine my coping mechanisms, etc. I'll get through this and do it. Honestly, I put too much pressure on myself with my quit date. I told everyone and was so sure that I could do it the first time and felt that if I didn't, I was a complete failure. I'm not going to feel that way again and all of you are helping me to realize it. Thank you so much for your support and I really need it and look forward to hearing all of your happy stories as well as sad stories and coping skills. You're great. Thanks for not abandoning me because I failed. Erika [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 58 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I only made it for 1 1/2 days. I smoked 1 cigaret. I feel awful. This is my first attempt. I'm on Wellbutrin and thought I was ready with a coping plan etc. I called my physician who suggested that I wait another week since the medication may not be in my system completely yet. I still feel terrible. I'm going to do it - I have to. I'll keep reading your posts - you have all been so supportive. I can't believe I could only go smokefree for 1 1/2 days. It's pathetic. Erika [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 51 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Erika, Good for you for not giving up. The medication is an aid to help you quit, but it is still going to be rough. It is not going to be easy and you need to realize that when you attempt again. This is a mental and physical challenge. You have to be ready in your head. By posting and reading posts in the SSC, you will have the upper hand and you will also have the tools necessary to be successful at this. We are here for you when your ready. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 603 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $148.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's not pathetic, it's humbling. We are dealing with a monster here and the quit requires our combined energies. Power Up. You will beat this and we'll help you - as you will help us. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 126 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You didn't fail. It takes time. Keep working at it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 128 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's okay, Erika. No big deal! Relax, regroup, restart the battle! :) Cheers, nmc (a fifth time quitter) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 987 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $490 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Erika, Way to get back up there! So you're a swimmer too, huh? What stroke? You'll be amazed at how much better you will be able to swim once you quit smoking!!! It's absolutely amazing the difference! You'll LOVE how much better you'll feel about yourself, your life, your swimming abilities and everything! And you WILL get there! Just get back up and remember to post here BEFORE you smoke. If you're ever about to smoke again, say to yourself "I've got to post to the SSC and wait for 10 responses before I can even THINK about smoking." K? It works. I promise it does. Hang in there and have a good time at your meet. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 399 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,994 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1647.87 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 1010 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi E! Stand up, dust off your bottom, tighten the belt, and go forward. Write down exactly what was going on when it hit you. On the phone? Washing the dishes? Unexpected bill come in the mail? How did you react to it? How was your body feeling, etc Do not anwser here but on another piece of paper. Once you do that, think of a game plan that will work for you. Fool proof that plan so there is no way out of it. Now, you could do as the doc said OR see if you can do it at this very moment. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,074 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $213 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$36,522.57

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 425 Hours: 10

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stop beating yourself up. Many of us don't make it on the first try.Just keep quitting till you get it. You will quit if you want the quit bad enough. Remember 1 day at a time,1 hour at a time and sometimes 1 minute at a time.Pat yourself on the back; you did the most unnatural thing for a smoker to do (you went 1 1/2 days without a smoke)Check what went wrong and be more prepared next time. Keep posting and reading, we care. Love, Auntie :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 132 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,963 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1459.92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47

Reading this thread: