Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Walking on Eggshells

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the bump. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the bump! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Life really changes. Smoking will help nothing only make death one step closer. Keep strong - Keep your quit. Do whatever it takes to Not One Puff Ever. Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 371 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,298 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2968 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 61 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
Bump for those doubting. Life really changes. The edgy craving sucking mind bending addictive thoughts really do subside. (I didn't ever think I would say that). AND htose thoughts really do subside and loose some of their power. They haven't gone away for me and I have some really great thoughts and really great memories to shove in their place when they do come up. I am still creating these new thoughts and I am grateful they are not shrouded in a cloud of smoke as they were. :) Keep moving step by step, find the help you need, find out how you can support and honour yourself and keep on keeping on, never give up. Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 290 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2320 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
I had to read this today and I am bumping it up. Cheers [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 289 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,235 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2312 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hope you are doing better. Please keep us posted as to your progress. Although everyone's quit is different, there are aspects that others share all the time. It sounds like your plate is really full right now. Taking away the cigs is only exposing all those things that were there anyway. That's a good thing because now you can deal with them instead of hiding behind a cloud of cigarette smoke. When you deal with them, they will be gone. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 854 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $280 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad things are looking up for you. We all know that you can do it. Beb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 113 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Riverdale Man, I'm a newbie, I have read what you�re going through and my heart goes out to you. Never be afraid to post because of the newbie�s, to me this is how we�re going to learn, each one of us will go through a different withdrawal process, and some of us will find it as difficult as you are. It will be nice to know that other people are there to help us like other people are trying to help you. I know it's not all going to be good, there will be hard spots just like your hitting. I�ve been smoking now for 39 years, quit once before for 16 weeks and started up again out of pure stupidity, sure I can give you 100 excuses why I lit that cigarette up but I won't, the only reason was pure stupidity. How embarrassing. I was probably going through something like you are now and didn't know it at the time gave in to the NICO demon, didn�t have the support like I have today with this program. Please don�t give in hold on to everybody and everything you have. Doctor told me if I don�t stop NOW, my next best friend was going to be an Oxygen Tank, now wouldn�t my family and friends be proud of me then. Please keep fighting and posting so that we can help you through this, you�re not alone with all those feelings. Beb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 96 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Phillip, I am a newbie. Your post didn't hurt my quit one bit. There is one thing I noticed on this forum. You have been the cool pitcher of water filling up the glasses of those struggling. A pitcher can only hold so many refills on water before you have to fill up your pitcher. Come to site and let your pitcher be filled too...and don't feel bad about it or worry how it will effect others. Everyone needs a cold drink of water sometimes. Allen Carr's "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" is a great book. I recommend it to all. Hang tight babe. Navigator. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 133 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Riverman, I have enjoyed reading your posts. As a new quitter, I have found your posts to be helpful. I appreciate your posts, and i hope that i continue to read them. They have been very helpful in my quit. Thank you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50

Reading this thread: