Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Tail Between my Legs - Needing some help

18 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Incredible and great that you didn't throw it all away...and who cares that you haven't participated on the site. This is just what I need to see....success and sticking with it. Great job ah...Zookie Do we really have to call you Zookie? Bob [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,395 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $306 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Zookie, You may not have been here much lately, but you came when you needed help and that's the main thing. You have recognized that something is wrong in your quit and I think that must be the first step towards fixing it. By what I get from your post(o.k. at work, sad after), there may be other pressures causing you to think about smoking. Think of how many good times and bad you have gone through without a cig. You KNOW you don't really want one. You are just looking for something to replace this sadness. Cigs won't do that. Keep Strong and come visit us more, you WILL get passed this. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,917 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $655.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just read "a little support would be nice"...I guess I should have read that sooner. My self pity moment lasted for a little bit..until I read the above thread......maybe that is enough to get me back on track...some real good responses from everyone.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 256 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,136 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1792 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
Okay...I am not very nice.. I have not been on the site for a long time,,I was caught up in my own world, doing my own thing and feeling quite smug about my quit but nevertheless came on once in awhile to get caught up,,but I was not a participant nor a real supporter for some time...and I almost ashamed to come on after all this time and ask for help but I am going to swallow my pride and beg.. You can see that I have been quit for 256 days and the last 5 days I have been miserable, just sad...when I am working I am fine..but away from work I am sad and I notice that the last week I have been having more thougths about smoking...(like maybe I should start again???) bad thoughts and I don't think I will start because I have invested too much so far, but I guess I am asking everyone out there did you go through a similar experience around this time. It has been a long time since I had a battle with the nicodemon and junkie thinking and maybe this is another bout that has caught me off guard and maybe this is not totally unusual..any feedback from any of you would be most appreciated and I would be most humbled to anyone that would help me out here, for I don't think I deserve much after having not participated on this site for awhile (do I sound like I am a withering idiot..well I am) sorry. Tahnks Zookie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 256 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,136 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1792 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
thanks everyone for your support. I had my pity party last night, cried my eyes out (don't really know why) called a dear friend to voice my biggest (whatever was in my head stuff), came on the site, did some reading and a few hours after said 'wow am I glad that is over with'. I agree with all of what everyone is saying and I had forgotten about the 'season' thing Shevie. I miss sitting outside in the fresh spring air and having a cigarette after I do some yard work...(nothing romantic about that!!!!!) and Lady you are right, this is likely just a downer time I am having, for whatever reason and so go with the flow...Amazingly enough last night I turned on the tv and PBS Detroit was having a special and Dr. Wayen Dwyer was on for 2 hours , subject matter Inspiration...he talked about being 'in spirit' and in harmony.. pretty powerful stuff and I also though 'wow.....this was made for me'...I need to remember that God never counts the number of times we fall down, but he does count the number of times we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and carry on...so that is exactly what I am doing....You are all an amazing group of people. THANK YOU.... :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 257 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,147 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1799 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Zookie... I'm here! I went through a little "what's the use" bit of attitude a few weeks ago. Well this is what I came up with. I hope it helps you. Regardless of my past, my anger, frustration, loneliness, failures and/or successes; I do not smoke. After many months, that is a fact of life for me. I make the choice not to smoke come what may. Some days I have a little trouble getting through certain situations. Today is one of those days but I know that cigarettes will not solve a thing for me. While I have many regrets in life, one thing I do not regret is my decision to quit smoking and my success in accomplishing this mission thus far. I certainly understand those wanting to run back to the comfort zone where having a cigarette solved all of life�s problems at least temporarily. This way of thinking is no longer realistic for me. Those days are gone forever and just as we can never return to the past; I cannot return to smoking. Life�s disappointments will be there whether we smoke or not. There are still lessons to be learned, loved ones will disappoint us, we will have frustrating times, and things are not going to be perfect. Dealing with certain issues as a non-smoker has been difficult for me. Something I realize after a lot of thought today is that all of us have free choice and free agency. We all make our own decisions. I cannot control what others do and I cannot change the past. I am in control of my own actions and I am in control of how I deal with the present and my future. My attitude and my quit both belong to me. There is not one person anywhere that can take either away from me unless I allow them to. So I now vow to you, my quit family, to continue to grow and develop as a non-smoker. I will learn to live life without the crutch and I will learn to be happy and successful in doing so. I have a lot of issues and fears to overcome. I know I will stumble along the way but when I do, I will pick myself up, put a smile on my face, and keep going. Just as I quit smoking, I will learn to live life and how to be happy one step at a time, one day at a time. So�chin up, best foot forward�..here we go. I cannot change the past; but the future is waiting for me. Get ready for some big Toyo
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So glad you are feeling better my good friend. Hang around. We miss you. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 264 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,287 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $924 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Zookie. So glad to see you back. :) *imagine I'm repeating everything said above* This could be a seasonal issue. It takes 12 - 18 months for the brain to recover from the insults smoking put on it, hence the rules-of-thumb that you have to be smoke-free for a year, or experience all the seasons, to truly call yourself quit. I don't know if there's anything going on in your life that could cause you to be a bit depressed, but assuming there isn't ('cause you didn't mention anything) I have to agree with Casey that you probably are overdue for a reward. Don't know if you ever read, or remember, my Rewards, Nicotine, and the Brain thread, but until your brain has fully recovered from smoking (12 - 18 months) you should continue to reward yourself. Congratulations on your 8+ months quit and a big Toyota kick for you. :) Please don't be a stranger. We really have missed you. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 302 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,059 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1147.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 56 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Zookie - so nice to see your face again. Take that tail out from between your legs, check your stomach and notice a navel there? Just means you're human like the rest of us. This quitting process is an incredible journey and a humbling one. Remember that we were taking a mind altering drug forever....and it is no wonder that our moods are playing havoc with us now. Tears and triggers come at the least expected times, smugness and pride disappear as rogue craves rear their ugly heads. You were right to come back for some support and no problem that you were gone for awhile. Each of us has to make our journey in our own way. And yes...how I identify with those breaks while working in the garden. I had one of those yesterday. Finished transplanting some grasses and then wanted to sit on the porch with my ice water and cigarette and admire my handiwork! That came out of nowhere and humbled me to tears. Welcome back Zookie. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 346 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,652 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1211 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$794,745.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5682 Hours: 20

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Okay, Zookie, you've eaten enough humble pie. Get that tail out and start wagging! The most important thing is that you came here for help. You know we will reach out and pull you into our collective arms! I don't know what may be going on in your life that is causing you sadness, but I hope stepping back here and re-acquainting yourself with the love and support that's here will help you. Here's hoping we see that Toyota kick again soon! Love and hugs, Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 463 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,987 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1620.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 63 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
  • Quit Meter

$54,808.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 647 Hours: 7

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: