Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

One more time

5 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Carlos-Alberto!

Glad to see you back . You have a great attitude about your quit. I hope the first two weeks go by better then expected.

I'm curious, what do you think triggered your slips last time? 

Ashley, Health Educator
5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hola Carlos,
  Welcome back! Maybe the nth time will be your last attempt and you'll make it stick this time.  If not don't give up, keep trying and you WILL beat this addiction one of these times. You've quit before, from minutes to months, and you can do it again. Whatever happens, don't ever give up trying! 
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,177.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 771 Hours: 7

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 124 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well, this is nth time trying to quit smoking. I am on nicotine patches again and yes I know all the ways cigs can get into your mind and play tricks on you, but I will keep on keeping on.  I have been clean for almost ten hours so far and feeling good, but it is like having an unlit cig in my hand and not being able to fire it.  I know how much it takes to give up smoking at least for the first two weeks, after that it is a walk in the park for me but must know to handle those tricky situations when your brain shouts for a puff.
My longest quit was nine months and the shortest probably a few minutes. 

I live in south america and my English is a bit rusty even though I got my degree in the states some good years ago

And if you feel the need in having a quit partner who has seen all, and a shoulder to lean on because we are going to need all the support we can get the next weeks, I will be more than happy to be your quit buddy

Reading this thread: