Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Trying again

6 years ago 0 361 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry BobK I write your name wrong....I am sorry.
Bonk...I respect you coz you will give it another try and please don't consider your first attempt unsuccessful okay....Mark it as Lesson .
6 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bob,
 Stumbles are okay so long as don't give up and you keep trying. You learn a little more each time you have a setback and you get a little angrier at yourself for failing. One of these times you're going to make it stick and then the feeling of euphoria will rush through your body and you'll be on cloud nine! 
 There's nothing better than that feeling of self accomplishment you get once you are back in control instead of that nasty drug. Hang in there Bob and keep trying.
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,219.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 772 Hours: 18

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

6 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Actually, new quit date is April 6. 
Unfortunately, a total failure.  Not even close to quitting back then.
With a family member health crisis (Sis is OK, no new cancer.  She's going for immunotherapy now) then a personal health concern (not quite a scare, but more that concern), I'm good now, just taking another itsy bitsy pill.   I allowed myself to use those issues as excuses.
Also, it's tough when the other half is not interested in quitting herself.
I'm back to all my bad habits.
Will work on this some more.  I know it's not easy, and on average it takes about 6 attempts. (Maybe I'm subconsciously waiting for my 6th attempt.)
Being a Gemini, I do talk to myself about it, and have had some minor arguements and name calling with myself.  LOL.
New quit date near the end of March.

Hi Bobk ..I hope you doing well so far. Your quit date was January 8.how you doing?.
Hello Timbo637,
Thanks for the venting support.
Yes, I completed the top of the page yesterday.  There is some good things there, and got me thinking about my habit.
I'm still in the mentally preparing stage, and I will quit by my posted quit date.  That also happens to be the day I go see my Cardiologist about some other issues I'm having. May or may not be related to smoking. And it's the same week I go for my annual physical!
It'll be a great week to be a quitter.
I'll keep reading the forums.
Thanks for sharing your story.

Bob

6 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi BobK,
 Welcome back. Venting is good. Better than keeping it in until you explode.  Cutting back is nice but it never really seems to work either does it? There's always a reason to start smoking more again...and again...and again. It's a never ending vicious circle.  Well there is an end to it, so to speak. There's actually two ways it can end. Either you tighten your belt and take the plunge and quit, or end up like your relative. I'd choose to take the plunge myself, and I did, a little over 4 years ago, and life sure is better now. You can do it too, even if your wife smokes. My wife still smokes too. (Small world isn't it?) I know where you're coming from.
 Have you went through the program at the top of the page yet? It can help prepare you for your quit journey. The more you know about what to expect, and how to deal with it and the triggers, the easier it will be for you. But you have to really have the desire to quit in order for it to work. If you don't have the desire, you will probably fail plain and simple. It's all or nothing. 
 If nicotine replacement helps you, go for it. I quit using the patch for the 1st month until the glue started giving me a rash. By then, I knew in my heart that I could quit and never looked back. You can do it too!!!
 If you have the time, do a lot of reading in these forums. The answer you need to quit is in here somewhere, trust me. 
Stay strong and I wish you the best.

Not One Puff Ever 

• Quit Meter

$23,219.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 772 Hours: 18

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I first joined this site in 2015.  Although I didn't quit at that time, I did reduce my smoking by almost half.
Then, Life happened.  Somehow I was back to normal smoking, and then some.
This past summer, I had to start looking at quitting again.  Due to a relative with lung cancer.
During a recent visit with my relative, I went through one pack (25) of smokes in 5 days.  That's a miracle.  Then my first day back home, I went through 3/4 of a pack in one day. I'm using nicotine gum, and it's helping a bit. 
Today, I've had two so far.  One on the drive to work and one at lunch.  
So, It's the stressful Christmas season, having health issues, have a close relative with serious health issue, and to top it off, I'm trying to quit smoking.  I  may be crazy, but I really need to quit.  And I'm not getting any support at home.  Just complaints that I didn't "discuss" it.
Really, I've only been complaining about my smoking since July, and I need to quit. (Yes, she is a smoker too)

Thank you for reading this far, I needed to get a few things off my chest.  May not be the right area, but I do feel better.

Reading this thread: