Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,532 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Third Successful day

10 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi keep it going on my day 5 ??having good times bad times hoping to do it . One day at a time good luck from Ireland
10 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great wprk Bkamath!

You are almost through the first week - Hell Week. How do you plan on celebrating? How are you feeling today?

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You said it all "Come on ..... I can Do It ...!!! "  and we are here to help you.  Each minute, hour or day is a win.  Glad you are here.

Keep the Quit
Sparky 
10 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, I quit smoking 39 days ago! I am very proud of myself and realize how much better everyday gets. I sometimes feel a little out of touch and I know that is a symptom. My concentration is not that great but able still able to work a full time job in the finance business! My husband, parents, sisters, friends, and co-workers have been a huge help as well. It is strange how you feel once quit, as if I am finding my true self again! Sometimes I feel like I forget how I would react in certain situations! haha!
10 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Bkamath!!!

Welcome and congratulations on getting through your first 2 days!  I see that you have gone through much of the Program, excellent for you!  Your preparation for your quit will definitely pay off!  One of our suggestions is that if you are craving so bad that you are about to smoke, come here and post for help!  Wait for 3 replies... by then your craving will be gone and you will not be smoking!

Think of something else to satisfy your urge to smoke.  Make yourself a crave basket!  That worked wonders for many quitters here!  Ice water and deeeeep breathing really helped me!  Distract yourself if you start to think about smoking!  Take a quick walk or something!  Many things will work!  The Forums were my main distraction!

Just remember that your FREEDOM is going to be worth the effort you put into your quit!  Remember that you CAN do this just like many of your new quit buddies here have done!  Crave your quit and freedom!  

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,295.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 4

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on making it through another day..Keep going and you will see that it gets easier.

Red..

10 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Working on it ...
You were 100% right .. The third day will be a real struggle ..
Now let me explain my current situation .. 
> I have had my lunch now in the office..
> I only smoke when I am in office..
> The Wild Boar in me is fighting with me as its hungry for Nicotine since last 3 days .. 
> I currently don't have any cigarette packs in my bag and also its not easy to buy as well as the cigarette shop is very far from my office .. Lucky me ..
>  My boss has cigarettes but he is in a meeting in another building and will return at 4:00 PM when the boar gets real wild..
>  This is a real fight going on in me .. Thanks to green tea that is helping me a bit to keep me calm ...
10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yay! Congratulations on 2 successful days. So glad to hear that you are already noticing the benefits of breathing clean air. Please remember that Day 3, while it might be intense, is also the final day of detox. Once you get through day 3, the physical cravings will go way, way down. Fruit juice can also be helpful for clearing out the last remnants of nicotine a little more quickly.

I noticed that you are already down to just a few cigarettes each day. Hopefully, your day 3 will be a lot less intense than mine was.

Please check in frequently and let us know how you are doing. If you need to vent, ask questions, etc., there are people here who are more than willing to talk.

• Quit Meter

$22,562.15

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 603 Hours: 3

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Friends,
   This is my third day with no smoking .. It actually feels great .. I feel that the air is really fresher than when I used to smoke  .. 
Sunday was my first day with no cigarettes but that was an easy day since I will be at home and I don't smoke at home ..
Yesterday was a real fight with the crave in the afternoon after lunch ..
Today will be an another day for fight ..
Come on ..... I can Do It ...!!! 

Reading this thread: