Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

New here

11 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Tweedsly, You have come to the right place. I am completing my tenth week smoke free and may not have managed it without the support I have found here. You will find loads of tips to encourage and support you on your way, so I look forward to watching your progress. Visit often. Viv
  • Quit Meter

$28,428.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 515 Hours: 15

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Tweedsly!!!

Welcome and congrats on your decision to quit and regain your freedom!   My best advice is to go through the Program and use the Tools to gain the knowledge you will need to combat this addiction!  Then stick close to the forums here and yell for help whenever a huge craving hits!  Yell for help and wait for 5 replies!!!  By then your crave will be history and you will be stronger for battling the nico-demon and winning!

The Forums are filled with posts from your new quit buddies here who have share their knowledge for beating the addiction!  We're all rooting for you, so  stick close and kick that demon's butt!!! 

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,272.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 15

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tweedsly.Congrats on the Best decision in your life.Working On It has given you some great advise as usual.
The only thing I would add is that you should have substitutes ready for when the craves hit.I always smoked when I got in my car
so I started having a tictac instead.Instead of having a smoke after a meal I would go for a walk.Try and pick healthy subs.
Wishing you strength in your quit.
11 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tweedsly,

Congratulations on your decision to quit and welcome to the boards. There are many words of wisdom here, so be sure to look around at both old and new posts.

The few words of wisdom I have tonight are these:
1) The first 3 days without nicotine are the worst. After 72 hours, the nicotine is gone from your system, and the physical cravings stop.  At that point, it is only a mental game, and you will be much stronger in the fight. So just get through those 3 days!
2) Be sure to reward and soothe yourself frequently, especially at the beginning. Get a massage, indulge in a nice meal, sleep a lot, etc.
3) Drink lots of juice and cold water. It helps with the detox and with the craves.  
4) If you stumble, get back up and start again. Don't throw up your hands and give up over a slip. I did that, and it took me about 20 years to get back on the wagon. If I had known what I know now (that each quitting attempt is more likely to be successful), I think I would have tried again sooner. 
5) Keep coming back and keep us posted on your progress! 

• Quit Meter

$22,546.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 602 Hours: 18

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Tweedsly!

Glad you could join us. How are you finding the App? The App is just newly developed and in the testing phase. Please submit a review through the apple store and let us know your thoughts.

That's great that you are excited about quitting. What is motivating you to get started on quitting?
Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all I just downloaded this app and I wanted to say hi to everyone. I just started my quit and I'm pretty excited about it. So far it's only been a day and I feel ok. Any tips for me?

Reading this thread: