Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Hello everyone

11 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Actually the medication was really helpful. I didn't expect that. It's main ingredient is cytisine  and when i started taking it I read online what is this substance. It turned out that it's structure is almost the same as this of nicotine but it differs from it with one molecule. So i think the idea of creating this medication and including cytisine is to delude the body that it's taking nicotine. So the dosage  decreases gradually in 25 days until the 26th day when you stop taking it. :) I hope i explained it well. :)
11 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Petya,

Welcome to the boards.  Congratulations on your decision to quit,. i am curious about the medication you are taking and how it works for you. Please keep us posted on your progress. 
  • Quit Meter

$22,515.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 601 Hours: 22

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Petya!!!

Welcome to the SSC!!!  We are glad that you found us and decided to join our support group!  You now have many quit buddies here that are going through or have already gone through what you are going through.  We are here to listen and help you on your journey to freedom!  I see that you have started going through the different milestones in the Program... great!  Continue through all the Program because it will really help you to succeed!!!  Also, spend time here reading through the different topics here on the Forums.  If you have a specific question or concern, just ask or use the search button!  Learn as much as you can about nicotine addiction, as it will help to give you more power to fight the addiction! 

I wish you success on your journey!!!  We're all behind you!!!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,227.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 14

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thank you,guys :) It's nice to see that people here are so kind and jovial. :)
11 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Petya,

If I can do this, anybody can! Never thought that it was possible, but with this site's help I am now 6 years' quit. Stick with it - you will never regret it!

All the best

ED
11 years ago 0 218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Petya,

Thanks for sharing how things have been going. That is interesting how your cravings happen at different times and at different moments during your day. Everyone is different though, some people benefit from the quit diary/cravings diary more than others as they can start recognizing trends with when and in what context they have their cravings. They can then adjust accordingly. Others, like yourself, show differing patterns in your cravings.

Congrats on making the commitment to quit. Take a look at the program as well as there are a lot of tools that can help you out as you become smoke free. No need to be scared of this day, you have committed to quit, and are in the right frame of mind to do it.

Good luck going forward, and check in as often as you like and with any questions you may have. 

Matthew - Health Educator
Hello everyone ! First I want to say that i am not a native english speaker so i might do some mistakes when i wrote posts.
I noted in my profile that i am smoke free for 3 days. The truth is that really they can be 6 days but at day 3 i slipped and smoked half of a cigarette so i count them as three days.
I had have some beliefs about quitting smoking but they have really changed since i started quitting. For example I thought that if I notice when i have the biggest cravings of the day on the next day they will be at the same time range but that is a one big delusion.  Every day is so different. Sometimes all day i don't need physically to smoke but when the night falls my cravings become huge. Sometimes through the day is really hard and at night is less easier. I say at night because since i started  quitting i have trouble sleeping. So i fall asleep really late.
I forgot to tell you all that i am not quitting cold turkey. I am quitting with the help of a medication called tabex. It's produced in my county and some several others but in this site it's not listed anywhere. Anywhay the program for quitting is towards it's end and after just a few days i will stop taking the medication and i will be on my own so i am really afraid of this day !
That's all i can think of now :)

Reading this thread: