Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

day 14 champix ist day quit

12 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hope you're still checking in here, Daisy. Yay yay yay on you for getting ready and actually doing it! Hope you're hanging tough. It does get so much easier. As for the munching....might be good to have those old carrot and celery sticks all cut up and ready to devour.

I was a chantix quitter and admit to using peanut butter, cottage cheese and yogurt spoonfuls to soothe myself during those first few weeks. I figured it was better than smoking so I allowed myself that. I also at one particular milestone..i think it was 100 days...went out and bought a bunch of frozen treats...didnt eat them all, but was ready in case the "reward" triggers were strong.

Oh! And ice water! The Other miracle cure : )

Let us know how you're doing, okay? 
12 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Daisyk,

Thank you for sharing this with us, it is great to hear that everything has fallen into place for your quit and you've made the big step! Congratulations on your decision! Prepare yourself for the next few weeks, have coping mechanisms ready for any cravings. Work through the online program to help learn coping mechanisms and techniques to make your quit stick. Post often and know that we are all rooting for you!

Members, what recommendations do you have for daisyk for getting through hell week (week 1)?

Samantha, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
after 13 days of thinking that champix would not work for me I woke up and could no longer smoke, I tossed my packs to the curb and I'm done with smoking. That said I have been having urges to smoke but they are quite mild and I think they are only habitual. What I am afraid of is that I am a low carber and I have been munching all day on carbs so I guessing I'm in for some weight gain

Reading this thread: