Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

3rd day of quitting

12 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Look at you go, Kristen! 100 cigarettes not smoked! That's awesome!
12 years ago 0 147 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you. I do plan on staying smoke free and the cravings are getting less and less everyday. Tomorrow will be 9 days smoke free and it's going to stay that way!
12 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristen, at 8 days, you've survived Hell Week and are now into Heck Week.  Take it one day at time.  Every morning when you wake up say "N.O.P.E!  I'm not going to smoke today!!!"  Reward yourself.  Distract yourself.  Rearrange furniture.  Take up a new hobby.  Whatever it takes!  The nicodemon is sneaky!  But when you are prepared, you will be be able to tell him he no longer controls your life!  We all want you to be a healthier 22 year old!!!
Thank you for the support. My main reasons for doing this is my 2 children. Not only that but for myself as well. I just want to be a healthier 22 year old. I got to the point where i don't like how the cigarette smoke tastes. I knew it was time to let it go. 
12 years ago 0 410 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Kristen! Three days smoke free is awesome! Free yourself now from the bondage of this horrible addiction! There's lots of us here who wish we bought this at 22! I (foolishly) smoked for 42 years! Don't do what I did! Stick with us!
You can do this!
Cameless

12 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Kristen!

Congratulations on your choice to quit smoking. What pushed you to make this choice?

Start by reading through the program. Also, read over the forums, these forums are full of inspiration and information.  The more knowledge you can arm yourself with the better. So keep reading and posting.

Set a rewards system in place and remember to acknowledge your hard work every day.  This will not be easy but you will be so happy you fought through it.

What do you think will motivate you to stay quit when times get hard?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kristen !  You have made one of the smartest decisions you will ever make- To stop Smoking !  AND you have come to the right place. I too came here looking for people who were going through what I was going through because nobody I knew could understand. I found them here and so have you. Welcome Kristen ! You can do this ! For now I offer you the Golden Rule "N.O.P.E"- Not One Puff Ever. So long as you hold to this simple (but not always easy) rule you CAN NOT FAIL.
My name is Kristen and I'm almost 23 years old. I've been smoking for 7 years and i finally made the choice to quit. It wasn't easy! I came upon this website hoping to get support from others that are going through the same thing, as i have no one around me that is going through this. I'm also hoping to gain new friends and have someone to go through this journey with together. 

Thank you. 

Reading this thread: