Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Tired of hating myself

13 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You still with us BigGirl?

• Quit Meter

$56,815.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1125 Hours: 8

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome BigGirl!
How was Day 1? Did you get through it OK?  I hope so! If you tackle each day by  handling one craving at a time,You Can Do It! I went through some similar self berating talk leading up to my Quit - we can be so brutal on ourselves sometime! Remember 'Nicotine' is the demon here - not YOU! My guess is that you're someone who is very kind - & you definitely deserve that big hug! Lots of them too! And a good cry if that's what you need!
Wishing you the best, BigGirl!  Come here for cheers, support and ideas! You Can Do It Too! 
13 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Big Girl. I do hope you give this a try. Spend some time pumping yourself up with positive self talk. ( I can do this. I can do anything. I can quit! I can stop this!)
And please don't beat yourself up anymore. You are addicted to nicotine, that's why you have trouble quitting and this is a great place to learn all about that and how to quit despite it! There is a ton of great information in these threads, read all you can. It will help you tremendously.
Quitting can be hard if you want it to be, or it can be easy if you want it to be, attitude is key. Try to be as positive as you can be coming into this, as it will help you alot.
Come join us, if we can do this, so can you!
13 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey there Big Girl,
How's it going today? So what if you cry? Big deal. You're right, it will get better. Lots and lots better. What're your plans to get through the first few days? I remember planning my quit so that I could sleep a lot. Never happened, but it was a good plan....lol Found this site instead and read and read and read. Learned so much about quitting. Take a shower when you want to smoke. By the time you get out the crave should have passed. Let us know how you're doing.

Off to hike. Yay lung power!!!

-aloha 
13 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Big Girl,

Hope you are celebrating every hour today with many hugs!  The first step towards breaking the cycle is awareness.  It is important that you recognize your negative self-talk and replace that with the positive outcomes you are and will experience.  It is not an easy challenge and that is why we are here - to support each other through the process.  You may also find some helpful tools on Staying Smoke Free in the 'My Program' section of the website. 
Most importantly, be sure to reward yourself as you make progress in your personal challenge to quit smoking.

Members, how have you rewarded yourselves for reaching milestones or personal goals?
13 years ago 0 57 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cry like a baby, and then wipe your eyes and get on with your life...you'll be so thankful you did...honest!!! I remember those feelings so well. You'll have so much support here....keep coming back, we are here for you.
13 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You have identified the problem, you can see the solution. The door is wide open for you - walk through!

It's much nicer this side! Over here you can learn to love yourself.

Good Luck
Penitent

• Quit Meter

$56,815.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1125 Hours: 8

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 206 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WHOA, Big Girl, WTH??  You have no support?  You do now!!
There are tons of people out here who want nothing more than for you to succeed, but I sense there's more going one than just a desire to quit smoking.
Who values you and finds you precious and irreplacable, BG?  I think we need to find those people...

peteg
13 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
And I am glad BigGirl that you are making this happen for you and  family! Let's throw it away, exercise, take walks, bottle water while driving...
13 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know that sounds extremely harsh and it is true.  I have been putting myself down for so long I cannot remember.  Every time I light a cigarette, I tell myself, "this is stupid, you are a failure, you are wasting money, you are a bad role model for your kids, you are ruining your health."  I am ready to let go of all the self sabatage and move past this time in my life.  I am ready to start a new chapter in my life, the one called "I was strong"  I know that I am strong in many other ways and have faced many challenges.  It is time for me to get past all of my negative thought patterns, not just smoking and live the life I deserve. 

I have tons of excuses why I smoke.  I am stressed. I do not have support. It is hard.  I have quit for 2 or 3 days and 13 to 14 hours at a time.   This time, no excuses and I am going to make this time count.  I have the power and I am tired of giving it to this addiction.

I hope to find some excellent support tools and even meet some people here.  I will be smoke free tomorrow and I am going to celebrate every minute and every hour and give myself a big hug. I am going to let myself cry.  I am going to give myself permission to cry and I am going to take deep cleansing breaths.  This cycle will stop.

thanks for reading...

Reading this thread: