Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Booker has 3 days quit Welcome to the SSC

14 years ago 0 1387 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bookers:
    The best piece in information I can give you is to remember why you wanted to quit.  I too quit due to illness but when I started to feel better I thought one cigarette would not hurt.  I was terribly wrong and was back to a pack a day in less than a week.  What has kept me quit this time is keeping the reason to quit in the front of my mind.  Just remember N.O.P.E.
Kaiser

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 441
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,025
Amount Saved: $551.25
Life Gained:
Days: 88 Hrs: 20 Mins: 45 Seconds: 45

14 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Bookers!!!

Welcome aboard!!!   Quitting  IS  doable!!!  Just take it one minute, one hour, and one day at a time!!!  Instead of lighting up, take several deep breaths and tell the nico-demon  N.O.P.E. !!!  Not  One  Puff  Ever !!!  It can be hard in the beginning, but you know that you need to quit!  Stick close to this site, go through the milestones in the program, and read and learn from the posts in these forums how to quit this addiction!

Keep a Positive Mental Attitude, and keep telling yourself that you  CAN  do this!!!  Heck, if Pupikat can do it, you sure can too!!!    

Great to see you back again, Pupikat-buddy!!!  Hugs to you, too!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 588
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,700
Amount Saved: $2,425.50
Life Gained:
Days: 101 Hrs: 6 Mins: 56 Seconds: 58

• Quit Meter

$44,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 20

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanx all 4 the encouragement. Must give up due 2 illness at this moment cannot see me doing it at all!!!
Booker
14 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Pup so glad to see you here,  Good for you booker, you can do this, its a great thing to do for yourself Stay strong :) Tresa
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2623
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 62,952
Amount Saved: $11,016.60
Life Gained:
Days: 340 Hrs: 18 Mins: 33 Seconds: 16

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, Booker.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 165
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,620
Amount Saved: $1,790.25
Life Gained:
Days: 18 Hrs: 2 Mins: 12 Seconds: 15

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Brooker!
Welcome to SSC.
Three days is awesome!! We are in the same wagon so jump in and hang around with us. Here you can find a bunch of wonderful quitting buddies and great health educators.
You have made the right decision. And If I can do it you can do it too!
I want to give you my quitting tricks:
A positive attitude. You are not leaving your best friend behind. You are breaking apart from your worst enemy!;
Write down your top 10 reasons to quit and read them as often as needed.
Go trough my program and educate yourself about your own addiction. The more you know about it,the easier it gets to defeat it.
The Allen Carr Book" Stop smoking the easy way
5 consecutive deep breaths everytime a craving sneaks in.
ice water
a coping strategy each for cravings. what to do when a craving sneaks in. 
Ice water
popsicles
carrots an celery sticks
long hot showers
bubble baths
read and post as often as you need
a reward's system in place
long walks
straws cut the size of a cigarrette
100% commitment.
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!
Big hugs
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 263
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,945
Amount Saved: $394.50
Life Gained:
Days: 29 Hrs: 22 Mins: 52 Seconds: 14

14 years ago 0 145 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow how awsome are you guys. Ashley that was great advice. Thanks so much. I am going to copy it for my mom who is also have rage issue's. But she has finally quit. YAA.
Oh Karren. I miss you so much, thanks for remembering me. I cant tell you how often I have thought of you and everyone else here. How I miss you all, the celebrations and everything
 Thanks to all of you Kaiser, Rock, the rest sorry but I lost the post. So be well I love you all.
This was truely a labor of love, took me 6 hours to connect and then another just to post this. I am still having the same connection problems that made it too hard to keep coming here. I worked with the people here and it would work for a time or two, then right back. That would be the only reason I am not still here. I had planned to be a long timer like Tressa.
Booker, great advice here. Good Luck to you my dear friend. God Bless you real good.
God Bless all of you here too. This is such an awesome site. and I love you all so much.
Love
Pupikat
oh how sad I cant even put my cat there. :(

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 440
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 12,320
Amount Saved: $3,234.00
Life Gained:
Days: 51 Hrs: 22 Mins: 37 Seconds: 33

14 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Booker! welcome to SSC- no need to be shy around us, we are all really keen to get to know you and want you to succeed and of course, any friend of Pupikats is a friend of ours.
Those first few days are going to be tough, but you just hang on in there and I promise you it gets a whole lot better, and the long term rewards??? well they are just worth every moment of what you might be feeling now, so hang on in there like I said and watch those days mounting up...... oh and must just say...Hi Pupikat sending love to you xx

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 521
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 13,025
Amount Saved: $7,815.00
Life Gained:
Days: 61 Hrs: 11 Mins: 44 Seconds: 41

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Booker, welcome to the SSC and congratulations on your decision to quit smoking.  You've been given some amazing advice!  Just remember that the temporary inconviences of Hell and Heck weeks will yield HUGE permanent results!  And please don't be shy!  We've all experienced similar situations, so post when you can.  Use the search feature here to find more information about anger as there is a wealth of knowledge on this site.  We're all rooting for your success!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 419
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 16,760
Amount Saved: $4,190.00
Life Gained:
Days: 62 Hrs: 12 Mins: 55 Seconds: 6

14 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome - Booker I too am having serious anger issues and trying to start fights with my husband.  I love Ashley's advice which I will re-read when I am able to register the information.  I am starting a journal and putting a good deal of the great advice I've received into the journal.   I also need to finish up with the various and great tools here.

Just wanted to say hi - I'm only quit since 10/9 - today is my 4th day and I'm on the patch, hopefully switching to Chantix as the patch is not working for me.
Good luck and read - this site is amazing.
SS

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/9/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 4
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 100
Amount Saved: $40.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 11 Mins: 28 Seconds: 20

Reading this thread: