Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Hi my name is Lance

14 years ago 0 567 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Lance!

You have come to a great place to read & get lots of info on how to beat the nicodemon! The history & sucess stories on this site are just amazing.

I quit at age 49  after 30+ years of 2 packs per day. This battle can be won. It takes some effort on your part. Just don't smoke. Repeat to yourself ....Not One Puff Ever.....The battle is just that, but it certainly can be won.

Be good to yourself. Breathe deeply & keep ice water close by. Do things you enjoy...Take care of the minutes & the days will add up. You will shock yourself as you get through the tough times that this is do-able!!!!!

Welcome to the SSC family & keep us posted.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 591
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 23,640
Amount Saved: $5,319.00
Life Gained:
Days: 69 Hrs: 9 Mins: 49 Seconds: 49

14 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome aboard, Lance! I am new to this too but the guys here are so supportive and the knowledge about all withdrawal symptoms so extensive that it is hard not to quit. Look at some of the stats here and you too will think you can do this!
Congratulations for your decision.
Cristina

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/5/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 7
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 245
Amount Saved: $31.85
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 16 Mins: 57 Seconds: 24

14 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Lance!

Welcome to the SSC!!!  Be sure to go through all the milestones in the program and read the posts here on the forums!  I used this site as one of my main distractions to keep my mind off smoking and to keep me committed to my quit!  Preparation and commitment are the keys to winning the battles!  Yell when you need a hand...  we'll be here for you!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 586
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,650
Amount Saved: $2,417.25
Life Gained:
Days: 100 Hrs: 23 Mins: 19 Seconds: 11

• Quit Meter

$44,272.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 15

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance, welcome to the SSC and congratulations on your decision to quit smoking!  Let's make this be your final quit!  You've received some great advice.  I recommend that you set up your quit meter and add it to your posts from "my profile" so you can see you numbers increase every day!  Treat yourself like royalty, and be sure to set up a reward system to celebrate whenever you reach a milestone!  Post as often as you need, if only to rant and rave, as somebody is always near by.  We're all rooting for your success!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 416
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 16,640
Amount Saved: $4,160.00
Life Gained:
Days: 62 Hrs: 1 Mins: 33 Seconds: 55

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Lance!
I suggest you to go trough my program so you get a better understanding of yiour addiction. The better you know your enemy the easier is to defeat it!
I also suggest to stay close to this wonderful site. You can get the support needed from experienced and understanding Health educators and quitting buddies.
Keeping a positive attitude is also necessary, so I recommend you to read the Allen Carr Book
Keep your ice water on hand
write down your ten reasons to quit and read them as many times a day as needed
5 consecutive deep breaths holding each one as much as you can each times a crsving sneaks in works.
Hot showers and long walks.
celery and carrot sticks
straws cut the size of a cigarrette
a reward system
nonsugar added fruit juices and popcorn too.
Any way I just gave you my quitting tips. I hope you find them useful.
Welcome!!!!!! and congratulations on your decision to quit!
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 260
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,900
Amount Saved: $390.00
Life Gained:
Days: 29 Hrs: 12 Mins: 54 Seconds: 52

14 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lance, I have also quit today.  I also have panic issues.

I want to say hi and I hope I'll be seeing you around.
Best,
Seeking

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Lance! Easy Does It. I'm doing an overall health makeover, too. During good times, it is suggested in 12 Step program that major changes are made a year a part. W can't always wait, though. I suggest that we decide what gets priority. That way if we bite off more than we can chew, something is saved.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 161
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,508
Amount Saved: $1,746.85
Life Gained:
Days: 17 Hrs: 15 Mins: 53 Seconds: 46

14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,

Welcome to our support community.  If you take some time you will see that the program can help you cut back and quit with lots of useful knowledge and assistance.  The members have been through many journey's and can help you every step of the way.

Ask questions
Use the tips and tools
Use the support

We are always here to assist you in any way possible!

Josie, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I arrived here after being part of the paniccenter.net site. I have decided to quit smoking again. I am mainly hoping it will help with a lot of the anxiety/panic problems I have had over the last several years. This is one step in a overall health makeover in dealing with this. The overall health benefits, money saving and the hassle of smoking go along with it. I just got patches and literature and want to utilize this program as well. Everyone here has been so supportive. This is truly a great organization.

Reading this thread: