Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

New Non-Smoker

14 years ago 0 597 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello and welcome!  We are so glad you are joining us.  Congratulations on 12 days smoke-free and I am happy that so far you have found it easy.  Keep up the fantastic work!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/22/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 289
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,560
Amount Saved: $2,312.00
Life Gained:
Days: 32 Hrs: 12 Mins: 40 Seconds: 6

• Quit Meter

$52,370.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 740 Hours: 19

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the SSC Family.

you CAN do this...........

Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 192
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,760
Amount Saved: $806.40
Life Gained:
Days: 40 Hrs: 4 Mins: 36 Seconds: 59

14 years ago 0 280 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Bienvenue Michel,  Félicitation pour les 12 jours...

Quitting smoking is definately not an easy task, but with determination and friendly support all is possible.  Stay close to the board, read and post as often as you need.  We are all here for you...

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 67
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,407
Amount Saved: $393.96
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 23 Mins: 58 Seconds: 44

• Quit Meter

$32,051.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 665 Hours: 3

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Mmaynard..Congratulations on deciding to save your life by stop smoking..12 days is awesome...Glad you choose to join us and hope you stay around..there is lots of information and help here..Also if you need some help please post so someone can help you..looking forward to seeing you around..Stay strong and well
14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the boards and congratulations on your success so far!  You may want to double check your quit meter as it is showing only 10 days instead of 12.  Have you gone through "my program" so you are prepared for whatever the nicodemon throws your way?  Read, read, and read some more as there is a wealth of knowledge here.  Use the search feature to look up topics important to you (e.g. Champix).  Post as often as you need, if only to rant and rave.  And lastly, as Ashley suggested, set up a reward system to celebrate each passed craving (small reward), each smoke free day (medium reward), and each smoke free week (larger reward).  We're all rooting for your continued success!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 351
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,040
Amount Saved: $3,510.00
Life Gained:
Days: 52 Hrs: 10 Mins: 47 Seconds: 12

14 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bienvenu Michel   Je ne parle pas francais. Tres bien pour 12 jour.  excellent  breather
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/11/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 268
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 13,400
Amount Saved: $6,432.00
Life Gained:
Days: 49 Hrs: 5 Mins: 22 Seconds: 3

14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the family mmaynard!

I did not notice any typos.  

Start reading through the program and the forums.  They are full of information that will help you in your quit.  Also, put a reward system in place.  It's important to celebrate every success.

Your doctor is right.  It may be easy now and that's great but GUAAT!  Guard Up At All Times! 

Keep us posted on how you are doing!

Ashley
14 years ago 0 278 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
maynard,

Congrats on 10 days quit!  You are doing well on the Champix, and others here have been on it, so it certainly can help.  Make sure you have a program setup, just in case the cravings get a bit rough.  Also feel free to post along in your journey, the forums here certainly help in your quit.  There is also a french board in case you need some assistance en francais.  Welcome to SSC and congrats again!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/3/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 125
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,875
Amount Saved: $937.50
Life Gained:
Days: 13 Hrs: 17 Mins: 12 Seconds: 25

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome! Also, if interested, you can set some profile options by going to 'forums', 'support group options." You are doing very well, and your doctor's right you will be challenged. Have you gone through 'My Program?" if not, doing so will help you develop a plan for dealing with cravings. Again, welcome aboard.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 97
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,716
Amount Saved: $1,052.45
Life Gained:
Days: 10 Hrs: 16 Mins: 6 Seconds: 0

14 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, well I just signed in yesterday to the site, I'm on day 12 of not smoking and for some reason, I find it quite easy if I may say. I could of never done it cold turkey and respect so much the ones who do, two thumbs up to them. Anyway, I decided to go the Champix way, it's a prescription and according to my doctor and my pharmacist, Champix has the highest rate of success lately. I tried a few times in the past to stop smoking, tried accupuncture, the patch, the gum and never even lasted more than 1/2 day...the physical pain was too much, btw I smoked for exactly 30 years at aprox. 2 packs/day and when waking up, if I didn't light up within 10-15 minutes, my body would let me know immediately with a headache and sore stomach and back... Painful...

That said, when taking Champix, you need to be followed closely by your doctor so I met mine again on tuesday, it was day 10, he was surprise when I told him that I felt great and actually thought that it was an easy task to stop...he did bring me back to reality by stating that this will be "THE battle of my life" and although I'm finding it easy right now, reality will settle in eventually when I get confronted to some situations that may trigger my addiction, he's right because besides work, I have been spending my time at home and have not seen my friends so I haven't been confornted yet to friends having a drink and a smoke... My friends know and they encourage me to continue my quest even if they still smoke and understand that I want to keep my distance for a while...

So there you go, wanted to say Hi and share a bit my story, sorry for my typos as English is my second language, I'm French

Good luck everyone
Michel

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 10
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 400
Amount Saved: $150.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 16 Mins: 3 Seconds: 48

• Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter