Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

New non-smoker

14 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Tracy!

How are you getting along with the program?  How far are you into your quit?

Let us know how you are doing.

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 222 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I would like to say welcome too Tracy

You will never regret making the decision to come on this journey of freedom with all of the quitters at the SSC
Stay strong and believe in your quit this will be half the battle.
All the best

Lillyput

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/2/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 533
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 15,990
Amount Saved: �5,836.35
Life Gained:
Days: 74 Hrs: 7 Mins: 30 Seconds: 17

14 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Tracy!

Welcome and congratulations on your decision to quit!! I have been smoke-free for close to 3 weeks and like you, I am doing it cold turkey. I am not going to say it is easy 'cause it isn't. The cravings are tough but you have been given wonderful advice on here and sound so determined that I know you can do it!!!

I thought of quitting like loosing my best friend, now I realize Nicodemon was my worst enemy so I have kicked his butt out the door!!!!  I can relate to you being a closet smoker...me too! I would try to hide it from certain people, I always hated the smell so did my utmost to make sure I didn't stink...like being a sneaky kid! Now I can be proud and so can you, we have joined the majority of non-smokers and don't have to be ashamed of anything!

Reward yourself often for your quit and remember we are always here to listen and offer support.

Trillium

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 17
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 340
Amount Saved: $54.40
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 7 Mins: 34 Seconds: 16

14 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Tracey!!!

Welcome to the SSC!!!  Preparation and determination...  if you have it, you will succeed!  It's all about wanting the freedom more than anything else in the world!!!  Is it worth it???  YOU  BET!!!  

The cravings WILL weaken over time, so you just have to keep the faith in your self that you CAN do this!!!  Read and learn here!!!  The program is part of it, the rest is in the forums!  If you want to know...  just ask!!!

We'll be here, too, just for you!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 470
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,750
Amount Saved: $1,938.75
Life Gained:
Days: 79 Hrs: 15 Mins: 56 Seconds: 32

• Quit Meter

$44,302.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 6

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 280 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Tracey,  You have given yourself the nicest gift of all by quitting.  Its not easy, bu so rewarding.  Come by often, read and post whenever you have a craving and the Nicodemon is trying to talk you in to "just one".  This group has been a God send to me.... the support here is amazing... welcome onboard and good luck... You can do it..
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 17
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 340
Amount Saved: $95.20
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 12 Mins: 55 Seconds: 7

• Quit Meter

$32,069.52

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 665 Hours: 9

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Everyone's right, paddler. The more you defeat Nicodemon the easier it does get to defeat him and the rarer Nicodemon interferes with your recovery. But as I've had to learn, addiction is lifelong and breaking an addiction is also a lifelong process.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 48
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,296
Amount Saved: $486.00
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 5 Mins: 48 Seconds: 55

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tracey, welcome to the SSC!  I also went cold turkey after smoking 2 packs a day for 20 years, so it can be done with the support of the wonderful folks here!  You've been given some awesome advice!  Go through "my program" so you are 110% prepared for this.  Plus, this will prepare you for any cravings and triggers that come your way.  Add your quit meter to your postings from "my profile" so you can see your numbers increase.  Put together a reward system to celebrate your success!  Treat yourself like royalty!  Read, read, and read some more.  Use the search feature for topics like "cold turkey" and other items that affect your quit.  Post as often as you need, if only to vent!  Somebody is always near by!  Since you are going cold turkey, the nicotine will be out of your system after 3-4 days.  So once you beat the physical addiction its just saying N.O.P.E. (not one puff ever) to the nicodemon when he tries to draw you back with the mental addiction.  As Marivi said, drink TONS of iced water!  That will help with any cravings, and it will help flush the toxins out of your body.  We're all rooting for your success!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 302
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 12,080
Amount Saved: $3,020.00
Life Gained:
Days: 45 Hrs: 0 Mins: 29 Seconds: 6

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to SSC Tracy!!!
Congratulations on your decision to quit!! The first two weeks are the hardest. The first one you have to fight both the physial and the mental addiction. On the second week you are already nicotine free so there is not a dingle one physical crave. But the mental part remains.
It does gets better as days go by. The more you defeat the nicodemon the easier it becomes to remain smoke free. So hang on. I can assure you that it does gets better!!!
Set your quitmeter and go trough my program; it does helps a lot.
Grab your ice water and read and post as needed.
I'm rooting for your success!!!
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 145
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,175
Amount Saved: $217.50
Life Gained:
Days: 16 Hrs: 13 Mins: 9 Seconds: 47

14 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey paddler - welcome to SSC.  Since you're committed to quitting, you've come to a great place to do it!  The first week will be tough, there's no denying that.  But....it's soooooo worth it.  Read as much as you can on this site - power is knowledge.  It definitely can be done - heck, look at all of us quitters!  I look forward to seeing your success!  (maybe set your quit meter up too.  It's pretty motivational to see your stats add up)
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 531
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,620
Amount Saved: $4,035.60
Life Gained:
Days: 57 Hrs: 23 Mins: 55 Seconds: 29

14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
paddler,

Welcome aboard our amazing program! The support, tips, tools, knowledge, tough love, kindness and so much more are available at your finger tips! Keep strong, push forward and look ahead to a bright smoke free future!

Things are always better in the non-smoking section!

Ready when you are!

Josie, Health Educator

Reading this thread: