Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Day 2

14 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you! I finally got the quit meter..yay!!
14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Make sure you click the icon that indicates add meter to my post!  If this doesn't work contact us via feedback and we will further assist you.

Congrats on the graduation!

Josie, Health Educator
Thank you for checking on me . The graduation was so beautiful, of course now being a non smoker & emotional - I cried thru the whole thing.. lol :) That is a question I do have; are you more emotional? I feel I can cry at a moments notice..
which is fine, but I wondered if that comes from stop smoking?? I have been doing good, & have passed hell week! yay!!
I can't seem to figure the quit meter thing tho, I think its my computer being so old..? I guess that is how (probably) you get the awards things? I am fortunte to have a job that keeps me busy all day long, plus I do lots of typing so my hands are kept very busy. No longer take those smoke breaks & I can get all my work done :)
Have a great day!!!
14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Beargurlie, just wanted to see how graduation went?  So your daughter is starting her new life post high school.  You are starting your new life as a non-smoker!  Sorry you had a bad day with cravings, but they soon will pass!  Keep drinking your iced water, keep your hands busy, and keep saying N.O.P.E.  You're doing great!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 293
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,720
Amount Saved: $2,930.00
Life Gained:
Days: 43 Hrs: 19 Mins: 19 Seconds: 40

Thank you for the info, didn't even know this diary existed! I will start using it :)
14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WELCOME TO SSC!
GRAB YOUR ICE WATER, AND KEEP YOUR HANDS BUSY!!
I RECOMMEND YOU THE ALLEN CARR BOOK.
WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU. WE ARE ROOTING FOR YOUR SUCCESS.
STAY POSITIVE AND TAKE ONE CRAVING AT A TIME!
MARIVI

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 133
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,995
Amount Saved: $199.50
Life Gained:
Days: 15 Hrs: 2 Mins: 39 Seconds: 12

Thank you so much of the words of encouragement that really means alot!  Thank you for the tips I will definitely look up that info., I really appreciate it!!
14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Beargurlie, first, welcome to the SSC and Congratulations on 2 days smoke free!  I like your way of thinking, never quit quitting!  So here is what I recommend.  Go through "my program" so you are 110% prepared for this quit.  Preparation is key to success!  And when you get stressed, you want to have a mechanism in place to so you don't give into the craving!  Drink lots of iced water.  It helps with the craving and it flushes the toxins out of your system!  Add your quit meter to your postings from "my profile" so you can see your numbers add up.  This was a HUGE motivation to me!  I smoked for 20 years, 2 packs a day.  Read, read, and read some more!  Use the search feature to look up topics like "the patch" and other topics that affect your quit.  Make sure you have a reward plan in place to celebrate each passed craving (small reward), each smoke free day (medium reward) and each smoke free week (larger reward).  Eat healthy foods, take a walk every day.  And somebody recently suggested that we take the time to smell the roses.  And since today is day 2 of not smoking, the roses are going to smell wonderful for you!  Post as often as you need, if only to vent.  We're all rooting for your success!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 288
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,520
Amount Saved: $2,880.00
Life Gained:
Days: 43 Hrs: 1 Mins: 50 Seconds: 15

Today is day 2 & feeling okay. I can't even say how many times I have tried to quit, but I haven't given up yet. I have been smoking on & off for the last 30 years & hopefully this will be the last time that I have to do this. I do have fear that I will give in to my cravings especially when I get stressed out. But I am trying really hard to stay focus & be strong. I am on the patch & so far this is working for me. I do fear the day I am done with them~ I am hoping my joining SSC I can get the support I need.

Reading this thread: