Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,645 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA, JCONOPIO

New to the site

15 years ago 0 433 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Freeda,
Welcome and a big congratulations on your quit! 

I too was into my quit by about 50days before I jumped in here.  There is a lot to read that will really make you
feel good about your quit.  A big bonus for me was that I found many had the same quit symptoms I did. 
And several people are just like me... up and down.

I used the patches but a lot of people had great success with Chantix.  Sort of wish I had used it, I would have been without the nicotine sooner.  Whatever works... works!
 Guess we are all on the same journey but driving different vehicles on various roads.  We all end up at the same place in the end.

You will love this board... the people here are a great help.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 113
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,712
Amount Saved: $650.88
Life Gained:
Days: 13 Hrs: 20 Mins: 36 Seconds: 29

15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Freeda and Congratulations! 43-44 days is amazing!

Keep pushing forward and working toward your goal.

Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Hi Feeda, welcome to SSC, sounds like you are doing a God Job so far, just keep it up, stay here as much as you can for support :)  Tresa
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2176
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 52,224
Amount Saved: $9,139.20
Life Gained:
Days: 311 Hrs: 1 Mins: 51 Seconds: 0

15 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Freeda!  Welcome and you will definitely find some awesome people here.  This site (and the people) really help me keep my quit and my sanity during those brain farts quitters have (I have them less and less but still have them).  Tons of information if you search for them. 
Kasi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 20
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 400
Amount Saved: $85.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 20 Mins: 34 Seconds: 21

15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Freeda, and welcome to SSC- sounds like you're quit is going well and you sound very positive and determined to succeed this time.
Keep us posted on how you are doing and share any tips or stories with us.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 74
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,850
Amount Saved: $1,110.00
Life Gained:
Days: 8 Hrs: 17 Mins: 50 Seconds: 26

15 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Freeda and thanks for sharing your story.  You sound pretty good, that is great.  I used the Chantix too, it worked better for me than the patch.  This is the best place to be for support and information.  It helped me so many times, I never would have made it this far without everyones help.  Keep posting and let us know how you are.  Congratulations on quitting.

Kelly

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/6/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 230
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,900
Amount Saved: $862.50
Life Gained:
Days: 18 Hrs: 17 Mins: 53 Seconds: 57

15 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been smoke free for 43 or 44 days now.  I began on Chantix but quit taking it 8 days ago.  Made me sick but I stuck with it long enough to feel confident in my quit.  I have been trying to quit for several years now and mostly used the patch.  This time I found being free of the nicotine was better for me.  I was fine as long as I had on 21 mg. patch and it did not come off in water or sweat.  I quit for one year with the patch and never should have gone back.  I was recently told by my doctor that I was borderline for cervical cancer.  The biopsies were not as serious but I had not choice to but to quit playing around with quitting.

Reading this thread: