Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Starting Early

14 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great additions Karren and Ron!

As we always say, Not One Puff Ever!

Any other members care to contribute their experience after one year smoke-free? How were your cravings different during this time?

Sarah, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Without making this the 'Karren and Ron' thread- I have to agree with Ron and say the key really is never ever get complacent-however far in to your quit you are, never think your quit is so solid that you can just have one-one cig, one puff. I know for sure if I had just one puff, I would be back addicted, even knowing what I know now. Although I have absolutely no desire to have one, I believe one puff would awaken it all again and I can never ever take that risk.
I have a good friend who had an eight year quit going and in a drunken stupor smoked about 15 cigarettes (during a whole day and on vacation), she resumed back to the quit the very next day but has since suffered intolerable cravings which she describes as a hunger and frightened me to death listening to her telling me the intensity of the desire to smoke.
We are addicts and addiction doesn't allow for complacency.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 410
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,250
Amount Saved: $6,150.00
Life Gained:
Days: 48 Hrs: 8 Mins: 27 Seconds: 36

14 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey KC and All who are interested,
Just wanted to add to what Karren said that I have found that having gone through 1 year smokefree has really been the kind of milestone that I needed to go through before I felt I can really call myself a non smoker.  Every season seemed to have some kind of triggers or feeling that I went through.  But once I got through that last season for me (spring) I felt as though I have seen all my triggers and faced them off.  I went though all the holdidays, the family situations and now I will say that my cravings are not really there or pretty mild even on stressful situations.  It is so much better that my only downside I see now is if I get complacent I could think I could maybe have one for whatever reason.  I need to respect the fact that I still am an addict even after 1 year. And as long as I don't have "just one" again, I will continue to be and feel like a non smoker which is what my goal was when I decided to quit.  We are all rooting for you KC! Ron

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/17/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 372
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,696
Amount Saved: $2,343.60
Life Gained:
Days: 57 Hrs: 5 Mins: 53 Seconds: 45

14 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the bump Ron!

Congrats on your 1 year anniversary smoke-free.................your example is truly an inspiration!

Keep up the fantastic work!

Faryal, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Now I'm confused. I was thinking that you are new to these boards--a different Ron than the Ron who just celebrated one year. Am I right or wrong?

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 49
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,323
Amount Saved: $496.13
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 10 Mins: 35 Seconds: 8

14 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Congats Ron! What an amazing accomplishment. Gives us all a little bit of hope that it is possible...  I would love to know if you still have cravings or any other side effects after 1 full year?

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/14/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 125
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,875
Amount Saved: $703.13
Life Gained:
Days: 9 Hrs: 2 Mins: 0 Seconds: 34

14 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ron!!!!! Many many congratulations on this amazing milestone-wow- is it really a year since both you and I were more or less just starting on this journey? I know I am a little ahead of you in days but wow we have come so far!
I hope you have a wonderful reward planned for yourself, you are a terrific guy, a great member, and I am proud to have shared this life experience with you (((hug)))

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 405
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 10,125
Amount Saved: $6,075.00
Life Gained:
Days: 47 Hrs: 19 Mins: 41 Seconds: 59

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How's it going, Ron?

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 48
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,296
Amount Saved: $486.00
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 8 Mins: 5 Seconds: 26

14 years ago 0 289 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A BIG Congratulations to you Ron on your one year ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!
Lisa

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/28/2009
Smoke-Free Days: -10
Cigarettes Not Smoked: -250
Amount Saved: $-46.88
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 0 Mins: 0 Seconds: -91993

14 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello,
Here is a bump for myself and all newbies to tell you that I was just like you 1 year ago.  I also want  to shout out to my friends who first held my hand.. Moss, Sylvie, 1939bear, astrofan, goofy, DL, Kylisa41, Karren, Bill S, trixyh, ICL, Josie,Tresa, anxioux1, brenna, Cece, Breanne, Danielle, beckylynn, And Theresa!  
RON

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/17/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 365
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,570
Amount Saved: $2,299.50
Life Gained:
Days: 56 Hrs: 5 Mins: 32 Seconds: 8

Reading this thread: