Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

My first posting

16 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on your decision to quit smoking, how are you doing? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 358 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,790.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome craven April 10th is a good day. It is my grandson's 15th b day. I Quit on Feb 10th so this will be 2 months for me.. stay close to the site, have lots of cold water, I chewed on ice chips, I drank so much water I sloshed.. but it does help to get the nicotine and toxins out of your system. lots of little rewards especially in the beginning.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,003 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $200.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
16 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
April 10th, sounds great!! Stay busy, I liked to smoke plastic straws the first few weeks!! Good Luck!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 227 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $681.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ccraven, Congratulations on making the decision to quit. You've come to a great place, start working through the program and read through previous and present posts. Members offer great support so come stop by as often as you'd like. Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 248 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stay Excited ccraven! Keep your spirits up and make it an adventure. It's got its up and downs but stay positive and able to laugh about the misery you're going to go through. it's a dragon there for slaying and the glory is all yours! He'll come at you with teeth and claws and fiery dragon breath, don't back down, don't stumble, and swing your mighty sword. HUZZAH HUZZAH Let the battle begin! The magical word that will save you is NOPE not ever not even one. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 235 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $987.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Craven, Great decision you've made. Sounds like you've come to terms with this, which is great. One day at a time is the way to go. NEVER look too far ahead. Baby steps. Stick close to this site, and post often, it really helps to have someone to talk to who knows what you're experiencing. Good luck to you!!!! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $612.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great decision, Ccraven!!! It took me a LONG time to really get serious about quitting!! Luckily I found this site just before my quit day!!! I found the last couple of days leading up to my quit day even worse than the first few days after I quit!! Funny huh? If you haven't, read through the program and the workbook to get yourself better prepared!! It really helped me!!! Prepare yourself and really go into this thing with a Positive Mental Attitude!! Are you going to be using an NRT or are you going at it cold turkey? There are a lot of great posts about coping with the coping process, which ever way you choose!!! Read and prepare and post and we'll be here to help you out most any time you need us!!! Good luck!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 850 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$44,280.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 18

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations for making one of the most pro active decisions in your life! It won't be easy, but it is simple. You have to want to quit more than you want to smoke. Remember, NOPE = Not One Puff Ever! Hugs, Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $450.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
16 years ago 0 84 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
and now it's time to stop. congrats on your decision. i smoked for 35+ years and never thought i would be able to stop...but i have done it and so can you....check this site out often - use it to vent and to gain strength...the time will go faster than you think and you will be so proud of this healthy decision you made. Good luck..and remember...Not One Puff Ever...NOPE! you're a non-smoker now! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,830 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $777.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$7,235.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 799 Hours: 14

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have set my quit date: April 10, 2008. I'm excited. I have smoked for 33 years. :)

Reading this thread: