Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

52 days already

16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry I didn't see this yesterday. You already know how happy I am that you have returned, don't you? We missed your silly birds :eg: just kidding. Anyway it is nice to know you are back with us and will be posting often, right? For you newbies, this is one awesome person!!! [IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/osd1944/542h.gif[/IMG] Keep the Quit [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 307 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,070 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $921.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
All of what Grandma Judy says in her post? I'd like to second that and apply for the copyright. Patrick PS.:I don't have a cocatiel or a parrot but I once had an intimate conversation with an African Grey. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,075 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $483.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
16 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks to all for the support. I'm quite glad to be back! Let us declare our freedom together. [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/Birdinabird.gif[/IMG] N2 Psych [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $260.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back and congratulations on your stats Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 627 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,659 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,075.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 84 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
N2Psych-welcome back! I often wondered what happened to you. I remember you live aaaround Stockton and I'm up the road in Sacramento. It sounds like you have it all together this time. The hardest part is over so you better stick it out. Those parrots will be happy too. Plan for unexpected stresses and have some rewards ready. You know the routine. Read, post, and pretty soon it will be a thing of the past. At least that is what they say. I still get the junkie thoughts but if there are no cigs around I can do it. Got to protect my teeth for alll the money I've put out for root planing, 2 crowns and my diligent brushing flossing and waterpiking. Judy (I have a very talkative cockatiel) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 211 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,688 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $422.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
N2Psych, Congratulations! 52 days is fantastic! Keep it up and welcome back! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 120 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
congratulations on your marvellous quit, sounds like you mean it for keeps, excellent elaine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �424.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well it's about time you got back in here!!!LOL I knew it was you right away. Congratulations on 52 days. Fantastic D. And you know what. I still battle that voice that says....'you can quit again'. To tell you the truth I don't think I can. Glad you are here taking care of you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 232 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,668.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$330,379.58

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6026 Hours: 11

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Awsome start - truly impressive. Keep up the good work :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 850 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $374.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning, My quit date was January 9th, 2008. I have 52 days completely smoke free today. I have been here to this site before and have been to 52 days before, as well. I am not as excited about the days as I am about the relative serenity I am experiencing most days, if I continue to affirm my decision to quit, and silence that stupid voice in my head that says otherwise. I am using Chantix, which makes it almost easy except that I keep thinking if it's so easy, why not do it another time? And then I have to remind myself how many "another times" I've done this, so THIS time I am doing it differently. I am not allowing myself to dewll on the possibility of "going back", because as the serenity prayer says, "grant me the courage to control the things I can", I have to accept that this IS a thing I CAN control, if I keep choosing to do so. I am going to be 54 in May, and I plan to be a little over 5 months quit at that time. I am a grandmother, a psych tech (hence the nickname) full time for more than 20 years, I own my own gardening company, I have been married for 17 years, and we have parrots. You may have known me as ParrotLady another time. For now, I am going to try taking care of me and not others, although that's tough in my line of work! I hope to get here at least once a day, but am quite busy this time of year with both jobs and hubby and the birds; I will post when I can. That's all I can think of for now, except congrats to all the quitters! N2Psych [quote] God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. [/quote]

Reading this thread: