Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

How I amanged to quit

16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is much better to be a nonsmoker. Enjoy your freedom. [color=blue]BLUE CLOUD[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $212.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done and good luck to you Mastermind. You sound very positive and confident. I believe you will continue to do well; you have all the right stuff. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 164 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $688.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thank you new me , i agree it is a powerful addiction .. i think what helps you quit and stay quit is two things: 1) desire to quit and enough reasons to stay smoke free 2) saying N.O.P.E ( NOT ONE MORE puFF) Having quit before makes me aware that you can go back to smoking with the first puff. thank you all for your support .. on my second week i am having more cravings than the first , especially on week ends when i am stressed with family obligations and my daughter is at home from nursery.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 88 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
16 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, Egypt? Cool! Congratulations on quitting smoking. I guess there was a favorable aspect for you of being a "closet smoker". You were forced to stay smoke free and then you decided to keep on. You can still get cravings from time to time...this is a powerful addiction, so be ready to say NOPE...not one puff ever. Good for you mastermind. new me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,112 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $440.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love it!!!! After all the over-analysis that goes on here, you cannot get much more bright and breezy than that!! Yes, people, it can be that easy! Thanks for your post MasterMind! And well done!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/18/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1191 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 23,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5,955.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 191 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$56,793.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1124 Hours: 20

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone; I wanted to share with u my experience , and how i managed to quit.. I was on a holiday with my family whom are all non smoking ppl , and I couldnt share with them the fact that I smoked ( I didnt want cause if they knew it would remove the last barrier for me to not smoke in their precense).. ANYWAYS , I stayed with them 5 full days smoke free , and when I was back to work I discovered that I didnt even crave one cigi all the period I stayed with my family so I fekt it was all in the mind.. Actually , i think there should be institutions like the ones that treat addicted ppl ( alcholics, drug addicts) dedicated to smokers .. I mean if you were forced to stay in an institution for two weeks without even one puff , it would be very easy to go back to your life smoke free having acheived this milestone.. I hope this is of help to any of you , it has worked for me , and i rarely think about smoking .. when i do , i just take a brisk walk or have a salad ( sometimes popcorn ..lol) quote : whether you think you can or can not , YOU ARE RIGHT!!!

Reading this thread: