Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Trying

16 years ago 0 357 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Waterpenguin, How are you doing today? Hope the work situation has gotten better, you need to do what will protect your quit at this stage. Keep us posted. Dupe [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tim as Phil would say, careful. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $121.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been going out with them and just not smoking. Funny as it seems, the smell actualy helps me. I feel calmer after just going outside with my smoking friends - not smoking myself. I still get the breaks I had before with the people I used to take breaks with, I just don't smoke. Come to think about it I used to pull people who don't smoke out with me when I did, just for the company. Now I'm the non smoker. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Waterpenquin, Tell your friend at work that you prefer not go out and talk when there are smokers around. I thought I lost alot of coworker friends when I started my quit but they were just as uncomfortable with my quit as I was. Now they stop by before or after they have go out for their cigarettes. We can come and go for smokes so we don't need break time so I see different ones at different times. Remember a real friend will understand. Keep up the good work and keep close to the site. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $409.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI Waterpenquin, You could ask your friend to at least give you a few days to get some strength growing in your quit before you are exposed to smokers. Maybe then she would be a little more understanding too. Welcome, this is a great place to be when quitting smoking! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,975 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $833.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
water, Welcome to our support community. You have received some great advice, so take what you need and keep it close. If this is a friend, they will understand that you are trying to better your life :) Use those coping mechanisms to keep you on the right track :) Josie
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You absolutely can say no, waterpenguin & if your friend is your friend, she will understand and support you. Legend is right, when one friend stops smoking, it can change a lot if things in the friendship. If it does get to be a problem for you, ask yourself if you would die for this friendship because thevery well might be what you're doing. Glad you feel good on your first day, keep it up & come back often! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 232 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome waterpenguin, OK so far, but if it ever comes down to losing a friend or losing your quit...lose the friend. I don't mean to sound harsh, but in the beginning, some quits can be very fragile, and if it becomes difficult for you, explain it to your friend, and hopefully she will understand. It can be hard to deal with your smoking friends when you have become a non-smoker. It changes the relationship, on both sides. Legend [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 516 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $107.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Todat is my first day and boy it was hard at times. i feel real good right now, but at work all my co-workers smoke. one really smokes and we can break when need to. She always wants me to go out with her even if it's to talk. she is my friend and i can't say no. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22

Reading this thread: