Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Craving

16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Tryagain. If you are not doing things you want to do because you quit those before you quit smoking, then isn't your inner junkie still dictating your can's & can'ts? Freedom is the big word in your post, you have it. You just have to give yourself permission. How was the beach with your friend & the movie? Your stats are great, you should let yourself enjoy your smoke-free life. Isn't that part of why you quit? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tryagain, Maybe you should make those places part of your reward system? Danielle ____________________ The SSC Support Team
16 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have avoided fying for years because I couldn't smoke. I've avoided movies, I have not been to a sport event since smoking at our door events was made illegal. When cigarettes at the beach became illegal I quit going. Although I did go a week ago with an out of town guest that had never seen the ocean. Strange, I quit going to all these places years ago and not going got to be such a habit, I still don't give myself the freedom to go. I went to a movie, that's it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 113 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,390 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,130.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well said Mylast! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
16 years ago 0 303 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Being a smoker have you ever sat on an airplane for more than 2 hours, or attended a meeting, or function where you couldn't smoke? Miserable. You craved really bad during those times right? By quitting now you will get all the future craves out of the way. You will get to a point when a crave is mild and barely a thought. You may even go months without even the thought of a cigarette. Isn't that better than being tortured the rest of your life with the thought of when you can have your next cigarette. Think of all the time spent arranging your life around those nasty cigarettes. Just a thought that is keeping me going today. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 28 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$15,943.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 804 Hours: 5

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: