Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,696 Members

Please welcome our newest members: aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH, Sav, TNIKKA

Another Newbie

17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Helix and welcome. Don't feel bad about using the NRT's. Only you can figure out what will work for you. And getting quit is the most important thing. Just don't get addicted to that nasal spray. You have to just use it to help you through while you address your triggers and learn how to handle cravings. Then, you will have to wean yourself off of it. Don't forget to come here when you need support or encouragement or to show off your stats. Congrats on 2 weeks! - Freemom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 372 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $122.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$119,618.17

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6405 Hours: 12

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to SSC Helix! Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking! There is a lot of great support and information here, so come back often. You're doing FANTASTIC so far with your 13 days smoke free! Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 572 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $111.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Helix, Welcome to the SSC and congratulations on quitting! Please take the time to look through our online quit program. It's a great tool that can teach you what you need to know about quitting. With regards to your NRT use, it's a great aid that puts you further away from your last cigarette. As you get more comfortable in your quit, you can begin weaning yourself off the nasal spray and the patch. Please don't hesistate to ask questions or about long posts. We are more than happy to listen and to help. Keep us posted. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Thought I finally ought to introduce myself after lurking for the past week or so. I had been smoking around 15 roll-ups/day for about 25 years. I've really only tried to stop twice before - once cold-turkey which lasted about 22hrs and once with patches which lasted 22 days. The thing that I really 'missed' (or believed that I 'missed', still trying to understand that word!) was the first cigarette in the morning. Along with coffee, The Today Programme on BBC Radio 4 and a shower it was the way I got my brain into gear at the start of every day. So this time I am using a 16hr patch/nasal spray combination. I know the idea is that you are not supposed to get the urge in the morning with the 24hr patches but I don't really like them as I have never smoked while I have been asleep! So, I now have the nasal spray for the morning and those really 'urgent' times. It was really painful to start with but it's OK now. Best of all (despite what the manufacturers claim) it does give me that rush in the morning, albeit kicking in after about three minutes and peaking at ten. I would recommend it to anybody using NRT that feels comfortable with an emergency back up - anything must be better than taking another puff. OK, now I know I will remain addicted to nicotine and self-medicating may not seem like a good idea but it is working while I am trying to get my head round this whole life-changing process. As I see it the worst case scenario is becoming dependent on the nasal spray but, for me, that is infinitely better than continuing to smoke. Right - I will stop there! This was supposed to be brief - sorry. I have loads of questions to ask but will post them under the other topics. Helix Since 15 April 2007, I've been smoke-free for: 13 Days, 17 Hours, 53 Minutes, 34 Seconds. I have saved �31.20 by not smoking 206 cigarettes. By not smoking I have added 1 Days, 22 Hours, 45 Minutes, 41 seconds. to my life expectancy. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 203 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49

Reading this thread: