Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Time on my hands

17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Tony, I fully understand your problem. When I first quit I seemed to have alot of extra time, so I spent it here, reading, posting, trying to help other newbies etc. It really did help alot, and now that spring is moving along, I will have to be gone more, as all that yard work is calling my name...But there are other things to do, crosswords, reading. Do you have any other hobbies? Are you a hockey fan? (playoffs are on) Wood working? Musical instruments? Watch movies? Hope this helps. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,193 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $495.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tony- I spent a great deal of time on this site lending a hand, helping out whatever I had to give. It helped me stay grounded in my quit, stay focused in my quit, and it can help you too... Everyone here needs support at one time or another. So stay close, and reach out when you can. We will take all the love and support from you that you have to give, my friend. Many blessings- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 412 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,421 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1915.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI Dupe I've been experiencing the same thing in terms of feeling like a smoke during breaks while I'm tackling big projects. I reward myself with an iced tea or glass of cold cold water, and a sit down in the shade. That seems to work. Good idea on the Quick Tasks! -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,197 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $197.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 357 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tony, You're a bit ahead of me in your quit but I will share what I have done. In the early days I spent a great deal of time on this site to keep my quit strong. Now I try to use that time in short bursts to get household chores done. For example I might clean the bathroom before work (I still get up at the same time but now I don't need that extra 15 minutes to smoke), or I might read the newspaper in the middle of the week (I usually only have time to read the Sunday paper). One thing I am struggling with now is during big projects (cleaning the whole house, mulching the landscaping, etc.). I used to take breaks from these type of projects to smoke, but now I'm not sure how to handle it. It feels weird to take a break and not smoke so I end up working for long spurts and then getting burned out on the project. Perhaps you have some suggestions? Congratulations on 53 days!!!!!!!!! Dupe [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 613 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $128 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tony, You can use this time in any way you want! Take up a hobby, try something new or do absolutely nothing and enjoy! It's your time. It's all about you. Take advantage! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is great, however I've got extry time on my hands and really don't know how to use it? never knew how much time smoking toke away! some times I feel really weird and out of place, not doing enough or something, never have been a very organized person, any help here from anyone, it's some what depressing at times so much to do and haven't got started yet, seems like to much to takle. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,615 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $503.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28

Reading this thread: