Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Another newbie

17 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Whynot....day 5...every hour is an accomplishment. Im using this site as a major support...every time I get an urge that is strong. I read through posts.....reminds me what to do. Doesnt help that Im sorting through tax stuff...where are all those deductions????? Day 39..I cant wait to get there!!!! Good work! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 188 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So glad you found us and are already done 3, almost 4, whole days! Thats awsome :) Keep up the good work, and remember it gets easier. A lot easier. As soon as you remember that you are doing something good for your body and your mind. Allow yourself to enjoy the journey this quit will take you on, and know that we believe in you and your ability to come out on top. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 971 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $313.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
lol lookingglass..not usually...except for a few trips to the mainland where i seemed to spend way too much time outside, bundled up, feeding my addiction rather than visiting with my family and friends. Never again!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 152 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Alohakeia! Welcome to the club! So, I'm guessing that having to go outside for a cig in the middle of Winter was never that big a hardship for you. :) Anyway... you're in the right place. Come often. There's a lot of good support here! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 495 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
Thanks Dupe...I guess it is pretty predictable, that some days are easier than others, and yes, whatever distractions/replacements we can try will help get us through. Right now I'm chewing on and blowing through the holder of the "fake" cigarette NRT i tried last year...lol...tastes a lot better without the nictoine cartridge in it, I can tell you that! and drinking my 6th glass of water of the day! and sticking close to this site! Soooo glad I found this. Good luck on your quit, too! aloha
17 years ago 0 357 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alohakeia, Hello, welcome to the site and CONGRATULATIONS on your quit!!!!!!!!! For me the first 2 days were hard, day 3 not so bad, and then unexpectedly more cravings than I anticipated later in the first week. Saturdays were the hardest for me-no work hanging out at home, this was always a big smoke day for me. So think ahead and plan ahead for those tough times. I found that coming to this site during regular smoke times (after a meal, first thing in the morning, etc.) really helped me with the cravings. I drank gallons of water, nibbled carrots while driving and joined a gym to help with the weight gain. I found it was also helpful to put myself in places where I wouldn't have smoked even when I was a smoker (the library, shopping with my daughter, etc.). I can tell you that for me week 2 was a piece of cake compared to week 1. Hang tight to this site, we are all here for you! Best of luck! Dupe
Thanks Danielle I'm so glad to have found this site. I'd been to another one, but their rules were that you couldn't be using any medications or nrt. Not quite a fit for me. I like the whole package here - The tools, this forum, and the im capability. I've spent the past few hours here, and it is helping me get through the day. I think I'll use this as my replacement for a cigarette between clients during the day : ) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 147 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alohakeia, Welcome to the SSC! Don't worry too much about the term Hell week. You're in it and you're doing great! Congrats on 4 days! Keep us posted. Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
Hi all! This is my fourth day nicotine-free!!! Amazing!!! I've smoked for 36 years, and was up to 2, sometimes more, packs a day. I've been taking Chantix, and really wanted to quit this time. Other times I just thought I "should", but didn't want to. I've tried gum, the patch, those fake cigarettes, wellbutrin, and zyban. And never once did I go more than 24 hours without a cigarette. So, I am stoked!!!!! I'm definitely having cravings, but I just breathe...and blow out HARD. I'm drinking lots of water and juice, and trying to sleep as much as I can. I was thinking after 72 hours I would not be craving so much, but now I understand that this might be when my addiction might really go into high gear, trying to get me to feed it some nicotine. I think that's where the Chantix comes into play...filling up those dopamine recpetors. Anyways....so far so good....and congratulations to all of you other smoke-free people out there. Anybody with more time smoke-free have any tips for me? Or can tell me what the rest of this week might be like? I keep seeing reference to Hell Week...kinda scary. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 147 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26

Reading this thread: