Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

quit date

17 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i had gotten some anxiety pills from dr. but my heart dr. put me on heart pill and the drugest said not to take them both, so i gave up anxiety,,, will go to medical dr. the 16 and maybe have something else. i could try,,,, hope so,,,,, it is rough tho
I have set my quit date for the 18th . smoked for 29 years 2-21/2 packs a day.... i have been slowing cutting back, going to try some chintix i think.... it is not easy, i shake a lot and that is just cutting back,,, but cute back from over 2 packs to only 10 cig a day, which i think is good,,, been doing that past few days.. hoping on the 18th it will not be as hard.. anxiety and panic tho i have had for quite some time ,,,, about 6 months . when to the panic site jose said, but could not register. howeveri couldread some of the messages and they were good, this site is a blessing and i thank everyone here for their post....... thanks a bunch and good luck and God bless all
Mitri,,, good advice but i dont drink tea, alchol, and drink 2 cups of decaf coffee each morning,,, rest is water,,, but breathing really helps,,
i breathe deep a lot, i stand up, and hold my hands in front of me, than when i take a deep breathe in i slowly take them to each side straight with shoulders , than when i exhale i bring them back together in front, seems to relax me more and helps arms too,, thanks to all for the support , we all need it and i appreciate it :)
17 years ago 0 307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Progress Eliminate, or gradually reduce, your daily intake of tea, coffee and alcohol (a glass or two of a good red wine is optional). And if you can go through activities which relax your body and liberate your mind like Yoga, Qigong, Thai Chi, Meditation, etc. They all help to relief your body tension. Whish you serenity :), mitri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 168 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$295,288.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 11

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Progress, You're doing a good job cutting back and preparing for your quit. When you go to the doctor to get a prescription for Chantix, why don't you ask your doctor about anxiety meds? Lots of us need them and take them! And by the way, I'm using Chantix and it has been soooo helpful. For me, the anticipation of quitting was harder and caused more anxiety than actually quitting. You can do it!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 468 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,725.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5542 Hours: 8

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Progress - Oh, that's complicated with the heart medicine. But, when you meet with your doctor next week, I'm sure there is a medication that you can take that won't interfere with your heart meds! Have you tried anything else to manage your anxiety - therapy, meditation, exercise, relaxation/breathing exercises, herbal tea, etc? Anxiety & Panic Attacks are really hard - I know this first hand! If a Panic Attack hits, just remember - ][color=Green]it is temporary, it WILL go away, and nothing horrible ever happens.[/color] color=Black]You ARE going to be okay![/color [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,725.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5542 Hours: 8

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Progress, I too cut down ahead of my quit date but did not just smoke less, what I did was to limit the places where I smoked e.g. the car and the house plus I stopped taking a pack out when I went shopping or for a night out. Apart from that I did not ration how many I smoked, it did of course cause me to over dose for a while when I got back home etc. But not smoking in these places actually helped me both ahead of and during my quit because they had become 'no-go' smoking areas. Lots of quitters will tell you that the worst craves come when you are in places where you used to smoke so I found having less of them helped me a lot. Good luck for the 18th. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 396 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,757 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �990 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 73 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3

Reading this thread: