Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

So I Messed Up

17 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
AuntDeb...Is this an analogy or the truth..If so please God don't start smoking again. You set the example for your daughter and she needs to see your strength...I'm am very sorry to hear that. I have a little boy and can't imagine being in that type of situation. Well my quit date is tomorrow so wish me luck.... Joe,
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi guys, Thank you for the support. It looks as though I need to pick a realistic quit date instead of doing it on a whim. I have decided to make March 9 @ 5:30 my quit time and date. I know I said March 2nd but that didn't quite work out and I don't want to do the today, next day, thing. That's it March 9. I will need all of your support to get me through this. In the past you were all very great and my only regret is not coming back as soon as I failed the first time. Although I have tried to quit over 10 times now unsuccessfully I have faith that you will all make Number 11 permanant. Thank you all and God bless. - Joe
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

P.S - How do I reset my Quit Meter?
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi All, I have not posted for awhile because well, I have been smoking for awhile and did not want to come back until I felt ready. I felt very dissapointed in myself as I was doing very well on to 50+ days smoke free and I did not want you to feel as though I had let you down. When I came to this group I was a pack a day smoker and for the past few months I have been a pack a week smoker. So I guess it was not all for nothing; however, it still drags me down and makes me feel a certain way that I do not enjoy. I know how I slipped. I was saving up for studio time and then I decided that I wanted to build a house. Too many goals all at once I guess. The studio money disappeared and I was pretty well back where I started. I'm deeming this day as my quit date and not for studio time or for a house.....No...This time, it's for me...Just so I can say that I did it after everyone else that has seen me fail time and time again has been convinced I can't....So I'm back and ready..... Let the games begin! - Your friendly neighborhood Jojo... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 112 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,704 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jojo, good for you for starting again, that's all we can do is keep on trucking right??? it's an awful thing that we even ever started but we can go over that and go over that and nothing will turn back the clock, so it's over and time to move on!!! Happy March 9th!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 27 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jojo, I haven't started to quit yet, but I sure hope when I do finally quit that I can some day reach that 50 day mark. That's quite some time. You should be proud of yourself and I'm envious!! Best wishes, Brad
17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are right, you can do this. Because this time you are doing it for you. And that is the best reason of all. Don't be too hard on yourself. You slipped, but you have also realized that smoking really isn't what you want and that is a wonderful step up. You know what you did wrong, and understand how much you want this quit. Just remember when times are tough how wonderful you felt after 50 days quit, and how wonderful you are going to feel 50 days from now. Also, we are here for you. No matter how it goes, someone here has been there and will want to gelp you through. Take care :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 393 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $123.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi JoJo, Failure is not always for Nill!! You wait and see how much you learned from you last quit!! I have failed several times and I am convinced I would not be where I am today without those failures. Don't misunderstand. I'm not telling people to blow their quits. I'm just saying that those who have now have even more ammunition in thier battle. I learned I will NEVER SMOKE AGAIN. )cuz.. i'll only have to do this all over again!! lol) Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 853 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $187.74 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JoJo, Welcome back. So many of us have tried and failed before, and it doesn't make you a bad person. Try again. If you read and post often, we can help. Its done me a world of good just reading and posting. I don't know if I would be successful if not for this site. Give us a chance. I think we are pretty good at this support stuff. Mom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 505 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey JoJo, You're going to do juuuust fine. There's no luck to it but, break a leg anyway. LOL YOU ARE strong enough and YOU CAN do this. Hang close to the site here at the beginning, okay? You have to do the work but we're here with you for the long haul. Don't doubt that for a second. Get ready to drink lots and lots of water - Have plenty of gum, hard candy, straws, toothpicks, etc. for that "hand to mouth" thing - Inhale slow and deeply through the nose and exhale slowly out the mouth to control any stress - Keep things lined up that you can do to busy yourself with during a crave - And post, post, post and read, read, read the posts on this site. You're going to do great and we're right here to support you. Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 851 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55

Reading this thread: