Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,547 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

false start

17 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have also quit many times before and yes it is easy because i've done it so many times,,,,however keeping the quit is the challenge I have the litle urges and somehow my mind is drifting far from the fact that i feel like I have never smoked in my life,,It is hard to explain. I imagine 600 cigarettes that I haven't smoked standing on the table since my quit....Can you imagine in only 28 days seeing them all and seeing if I had actually smoked them WOW What a very strong organ in our body which we have ABUSED over the years and we still have the power now to assist that strong organ to heal itself so We can enjoy a longer " Prescious Life " [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 607 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $252 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
  • Quit Meter

$168,958.68

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9143 Hours: 2

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey babeyblue! Oh have I ever been there many times. Just keep up quitting. The only real loser is the one that never tries. We'll all do htis together okay? Hang in there! NicoA [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 45 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I slipped so I get to start over...A sleepless night and nothing to entertain my brain with and well I smoked a pack in 9 hours so I will reset the meter and chalk it up to experience...the drinking water suggestion seems to be working for me today..and as I have heard from alot of you it's one step and one day at a time...thank you for all the feedback on my previous posts it really did make me feel better about my decision... :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 51 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't feel bad or be down on yourself. I am having a really good quit....and I KNOW BEYOND A DOUBT... it is a good quit because of my past failed ones. I don't mean to say that to use failing as an excuse...but the more you learn the better the next time. Just make sure you see what you did wrong the last time... so you identify it this time. Hang in there... you can do it Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 557 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120.69 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BabeyBlue, I know how you feel. I did the same thing just last night so I get to start over with you. I really thought I'd make it this time. I was really giving myself some positive pep talks each time a craving hit but last night, I couldn't sleep and was so bored that I caved in. Now, I'm beating myself up. I can't believe I gave in and I'm so disappointed in myself. All that work since Valentines Day is wasted. Except that I learned one huge thing.....When I lit up, I started sneezing like you wouldn't believe!!! All of this time I thought I was allergic to everything BUT cigarettes. I just wouldn't admit to myself that I was allergic to smokes. But when I'm sitting here puffing, sneezing, and blowing my nose, it's pretty hard to deny. I found three cigarettes in a pack and smoked every one of them. I'm really ashamed of myself. I'll restart my quit meter with you and I have my big bottle of water to drink. I need some suggestions in the worst way. My triggers are all over the house. For one thing, I live here so I smoke here but, we also have a home based business so, there are even more triggers. I'm looking around trying to find one place that isn't a trigger. I guess I could sit in the bathroom, dining room, or laundry room. I need to escape from my house some but I'm stuck here so much working on the books and answering the business line and the computer is a huge trigger for me. Help!! Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 236 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11.16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No, quitting is not easy. auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,435 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $228 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Get back up here on this here wagon, kido. Let's go. Do you have something in mind to entertain your brain next time? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 513 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
babeyblue you said that you had nothing to entertain your brain with, what about crossword puzzles, solitaire or watching a movie, distraction is the key, as i now only feel like a smoke if i am bored don't beat yourself up, but learn from it and get right back on track lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,769 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �468 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$113,547.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6492 Hours: 9

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi mercy Bet you felt awful when you lit the first one? I know the temptation its still there for me! Off we go again! Just dont smoke! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 194 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,076 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1018.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ohhhhh, Babey...... Listen to these people! I am a repeat offender myself! Jump immediately back up on the wagon. Eventually, it will all fall into place. Be determined and get with the programme....you know it is what is right! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 163 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1304 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16

Reading this thread: