Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,649 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS, ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO

Hi

17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there, Just thought I would introduce myself. Im Sarah and Im in London. I have not had a cig since tues 23rd so nearly 2 whole days now. Im using the patches and chewing gum. I do want a cig but am being really strong. I was so strong infact that today I went to the petrol station to get petrol and was so so tempted to buy cigs just for one but I didnt as I knew if I bought them I would smoke them all!! I do really want to quit smoking but like I have read in other posts you are almost grieving for cigs. I have already noticed that my sense of smell and taste has much improved. By the way does anyone know how to download that instant messenger thing? I dont know how to do it!!! Cheers x x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 33 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$476,344.04

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4420 Hours: 8

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi! Good for you not buying a pack for that "one" - I felt exactly the same way. When I would feel like that I would breath, drink water, log onto this website, and suck on candy. Believe it or not, it gets easier everyday! I promise. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 266 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cat: Good for you, that was a difficult thing to do and with more practice imagine what fantastic feats you will accomplish...Keep on going, you are already healing yourself... nonic
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome. You are being very strong. Just getting past each crave as it hits is a success. the days will add up and soon you'll be 1/2 way through HELL week. Just remember that everyone's quit is unique. Some people "mourn" their smoking habit. Believe it or not, others never look back. Of course there are others in between. I like to say that it takes all of us for each of us. I say this because I believe it. Glad you're here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 285 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the SSC, Cat! You will get loads of support here and if you read lots of posts, old and new, you'll gain the knowledge that will keep you quit and strong. Don't grieve the loss of a "friend" who lied to you everyday! Rejoice in the fact that you have made a conscious decision to change your life for the better! You have two BIG days already behind you! Stay strong and know that we're all on this journey together. And if you feel weak, ask for help! Don't worry about being judged by anyone here. We understand! Now about the instant messenger..... you don't have to download it anymore. When you are on the page with all the different topics of threads, there is a blue "Launch" button at the top--just click that once and you should be ready to IM. Stay strong, Debbie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 91 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,834 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $341.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, Cat! Well done on your first couple of days without smoking. Thank goodness you didn't buy those ciggies at the garage!! That's really the only way to quit - not one puff, ever! (This is a bit of a mantra here - and quite a recipie for success - N.O.P.E.) Hope you're doing ok, Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 177 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,667 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �531 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Catatonic, Welcome and congrats on day two! You're very right. One would never be enough. You are addicted. Good for you on resisting temptation. Time for a reward! You do not need to download the instant messenger. Above the forums, you will see an icon marked LAUNCH. Click on it and it will launch the instant messenger. If you have any problems getting the application to work, please contact us via the feedback section. (Click on the icon feedback, found on the bottom of any SSC webpage.) Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: