Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Hello

17 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi fed_up, I've never tried the smokeless tobacco before myself but I'm assuming that the withdrawl symptoms are the same. This is a very good site and the people here are very helpful, especially during tough times. Good luck and stay strong. Joe,
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the replies! So far, so good. Every once in a while, I will get a craving. All I have to do is look at my children and that usually stops the crave. Anyways, thanks again for the replies. Fed_up
Just wanted to say Hi, and that I am new to the board. I have used smokeless tobacco for 15 yrs, and am looking forward to quitting. I have to be honest, I had a medical scare that made me quit. But, at least I am trying. Fed_up [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 253 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
Hello, how did you quit? Was it cold turkey, patch or fake snuff. I used the patch and the fake snuff for a few weeks. But, fear was the best thing to get me to quit. I had used snuff for 15 yrs and all it took was one lump under my jaw and going on a web-site to look for reasons for the lump. It is very scary to lose you face over oral cancer and the pictures and stories of cancer victims and families scared me to death. I am still scared, but maybe that's good. I even went to two different doctors and they said I had nothing to worry about. It's funny, but maybe it's because I just turned 30 or had my second kid, but I never worried about the effects of tobacco. Even 6 months ago, it never crossed my mind. Oh well, all that matters is that I have quit now. I guess this is a long rant on my part. Later Fed_up [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 338 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Fed Up and welcome to this world of the non-smoker. Its Great. Tony [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 603 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love your post name - it is definitive. My kids are my motivation. I can now hug them w/o taking a shower first (or rarely I would hug them with the cigarette smell - I'm ashamed to admit that). As a cigarette smoker, smokeless tobacco sounds like the futuristic stuff I dream about, but I know that you are talking about a serious addiction with major consequences. I'm sorry to hear about your medical scare. I hope for now that it is over. One of the reasons I am quitting is that I don't want to be instrumental in a cancer death. It may happen anyway, but I won't have brought it on for my own tobacco use benefit. How could I look at my kids while on my death bed and basically be saying - yeah I won't be here for your for emotional and financial support when you need it, but I had some really good drags. I don't mean to be callus (sp?), but I think about this stuff. I think we all do. I had my own scare, this past Feb. I had a second lump removed from my breast. We are here for you. Glad you're here. Post in the special section for yourself and stay tuned to us. Best of Luck. You can pull this off. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 119 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maybe it is because you just turned 30 or maybe because you just had your second child....... I can tell you that what I know of oral cancers isn't pretty. It's a death threat. You should be scared and it sounds - appreciative of what you've got. You have a gift. You are motivated to quit. I'm not versed in smokeless tobacco. Post frequently on that site, become a pain for in becoming so you become an inspiration to others. For my cigarette smoking I went to the patch and frequented nicotine gum as I was cutting down, before I went to the patch. I'm thinking nicotine is nicotine. Perhaps you need someone unique to your experience. If you don't, don't hesitate to come back to me because an addiction is an addiction is an addiction. Nothing comes easy. It all takes time and comes in baby steps, with ever increasing levels of conviction. Keep posting. I'll be watching for you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 130 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Fed_up :) By your quit meter it looks like you are off to a fabulous start! You've come to a great place :) Post often and read through many threads.. The people here are wonderful and we're here for you. Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 473 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $207 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Fed UP There is lots of support here. Use the tools on the website. Post often. Ask questions. Let us know how you are doing. There are lots of great people to help you along the way. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,478 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $365 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome fed_up! You came to a great place. And I'm assuming giving up chew has the same withdrawal symptoms as smoking. Post often and read the other threads. All the best to you, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 283 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $81 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50

Reading this thread: