Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Hello New Quitter

17 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[center][IMG]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1876/welcome5is2.gif[/IMG][/center] [b][color=Purple]CONGRATULATIONS[/color][/B] on your 6 days of not smoking! You definately have found the right place. Thank you for telling us your story. It really helps to know a little bit about you. It really sounds like you are prepared and determined for this quit. Those are 2 neccessities for a successful quit. If you have not done so yet, please complete the tools here. And remember to post here anytime you need to. By the way, how are you doing today? I look forward to watching your quit grow. Remembering this will keep you quit: [color=Teal][b]N.O.P.E.[/b][/color] [b][color=Teal]N[/color][/b]ot [b][color=Teal]O[/color][/b]ne [b][color=Teal]P[/color][/b]uff[b][color=Teal] E[/color][/b]ver ;) 4my2girls [b][i][color=Maroon]What Consumes Your Thoughts Controls Your Life[/b][/i][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 237 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,125 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $774.99 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all I am new to this website and just posting to say hi. I am a Mom of 3 beautiful children and a wife to a wonderful husband. I started smoking when I was 18 yrs old and quit with each pregnancy, it was always easy then becuase I was pregnant. However once the baby was born I would think about having just a drag and it would turn into full blown smoking again. My husband has been smoking since he was 12 and we wanted to quit together. Our children have asked us to quit and we both agree that if we continue smoking we may not live long enough to enjoy our grandchildren. My husband set his quit date over a month ago and I decided to join him on that day. On Oct. 22nd we woke up and quit cold turkey. We let our kids help in throwing aways ashtrays and breaking smokes and throwing them in the trash. It has been a hard 5 days, and I have eaten more suckers in the past week than I have ever had in my life. I think day 3 was the hardest, and it is getting eaiser each day. Today day 5 has been ok, there have been a few times where I feel irritated, but trying to keep my distance from my kids and husband has seemed to work through those cravings. Otherwise I find myself lashing out at stupid things. I know I can do this, I am going to do this, for good this time. There is a quote that I love and it goes like this - "You haven't failed, you have just found 100 different ways that don't work, this time it will." Here is to a new smoke free life!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 48 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi momto3, congrats on dedciding to quit. You will gets lots of support here Best of luck lynne [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 51 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$113,570.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 16

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to SSC, it is just amazing here. I have learned so much and have been smoke free for a month, I would of never thought that was possible. One day at a time, deep breaths help, The first few nights I went to bed right after my kids. Can't smoke when you are sleeping. Keep posting and reading, you can do this! The IM helped too! TER724 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 433 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $102.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Momto3 It may not feel like it but you are doing GREAT! It is normal to feel irritable amongst other things (see Marie's post re: withdrawal symptoms). We are here to support each other along the way. Those who have quit before us offer all kinds of great advice and show us how awesome life can be without this addiction. Welcome to S.C.C. I hope we see lots more of you! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 936 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $230 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Try my own persinal quote 'There are no reasons for not quitting only excuses' Good luck Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,587 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �414.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I meant personal my typing is dreadful since I quit!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,587 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �414.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Momto3, we are glad to have you with us. It's a nice gift to your childeren that you both quit. They will watch you and be proud to see you grow into your quit. I'm proud to have you here on this site. A very warm welcome from The netherlands. Hugs for you and say hi to the childeren. :) Dutch Fini. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 210 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,253 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �619.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Momto3, it's normal to feel irritated or sad at this stage of the quit, you're going through withdrawal and it's a unique process to each. It might help to discuss this with the kids and hubby also. Work the tools on the left and read as much as you can about quitting it will make it easier. Sending you and yours positive vibes. One day at a time Sincerely :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 135 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,036 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $540 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm a Mom of 3 and married to a wonderful husband as well. So nice to meet my twin ... heh! Congrats on your decision to quit smoking. Knowledge is power, so get prepared. Get prepared for your mind to deal with emotions without the mask of a drug. Know that the nicotine in cigarettes has caused you to be physically addicted. Take comfort in knowing the physical withdrawal will stop approximately 72 hours if you can resist nicotine products. Be fully aware that your life routine will have to be experienced without smoking cigarettes for you to be quit. So throw them away. Do not save any. What is your routine? When do you smoke? Make a list of your triggers (when you would normally smoke). It is better to think about all of these things ahead of time so that you can go into battle prepared. Replace your bad habit (smoking) with good habits. Read about healthy ways to deal with stress/emotions and start practicing your new coping skills. Get yourself ready physically by walking more, take in more fluids, get plenty of rest and avoid becoming overtired. Tell people around you that you�re going to quit. Get yourself a Quit Buddy who will be there to provide you personal quit-smoking help and support. Fight the urge to protect yourself from looking silly if you don�t make it all the way. Believe in yourself from the very beginning. Make it come true. If you don�t make it this time, what matters is that you get back up and try again. Also, don�t forget to make rewards a part of your plan. Quitting takes a lot of work, so you want to make sure you give yourself credit along the way. Keep a list of rewards you look forward to - it will help keep you motivated. Watch out for alcohol, social situations, other smokers, weight gain, and bad moods/depression. These things can make you fall off the Quit Wagon. Like I�ve said � be prepared for these things. We�ve quit. You can too. We�ll be here to support you if you need us. I look forward to celebrating your milestones with you. Fondly, Free [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 168 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,054 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $672 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$54,513.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 10

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: