Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Depression Community

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.765 posts in 47.065 threads.

161,136 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Mimi34, istruggle4life, schcgtest1, FeelingD0wn, monopolygou4gm

50 hours and I feel good but very spacey

18 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Auntie, I was the same too. Felt really dizzy, strange, off the planet. You are doing so well keep it up :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 146 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $61.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
18 years ago 0 262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm doin ok but I feel like I'm in a deep fog, a little dizzy off and on,as well. I get a feeling this day 3 is going to be a little harder to deal with but I know I can do it. Went outside before dawn with my coffee and my straw to puff on, had a little chat with my Higher Power, asked Him to stay close and give me a hand with the cravings and withdrawal. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 99 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh yes this is all part of the quit, things will get better in a few days hang in there :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 516 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $136 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
18 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I found end day 3 tough, i think that is because after 3 days nicotine is leaving your body. I also felt dizzy lightheaded and spacey. That is because carbon monoxide is leaving your body.. and instead Oxygen is getting to your brain! Well done on your 2 days quit, you are doing brilliantly! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 883 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �262.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Feeling spacey is really one of the major withdrawl symptoms. What they say is that it is the carbon monoxide withdrawl. That is a poison and you should be glad to be getting it out of your system. It will pass. Love, Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,177 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$75,185.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6545 Hours: 15

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Understanding what to expect and following the pointers for coping will help you move through this stage more easily. Nicotine Withdrawal Symptoms Cravings to smoke Irritable, cranky Insomnia Fatigue Inability to Concentrate Headache Cough Sore throat Constipation, gas, stomach pain Dry mouth Sore tongue and/or gums postnasal drip Tightness in the chest Most people have some of these, but rarely all of them. While each person will go through this process a little differently, for most people, these discomforts are short-lived. It's always a good idea to check in with your doctor if you're concerned about a physical reaction you're having to no smoking. Coping Skills for Nicotine Withdrawal Delay until the urge passes--usually within 3-5 minutes Distract yourself. Call a friend or go for a walk. Drink water to fight off cravings Deep Breaths--Relax! Close your eyes and take 10 slow, deep breaths Discuss your feelings with someone close to you or here at the SSC (post) Exercise--get a little every day. Even a 15 minute walk will work wonders to help you feel better and reduce cravings to smoke. Get more rest. More sleep helps!! If you're experiencing insomnia, try taking a long walk several hours before bed. Relaxation. Time alone to read a good book. A hot bath at the end of the day. Whatever makes you feel pampered and relaxes you is a great choice. Reward yourself at the end of every single smoke free day you complete early on. You are doing a great job, so celebrate your victory every single day. Don't let nicotine withdrawal scare you! Remember - it's a temporary phase of quitting. The fantastic feeling of freedom and control you'll get when you successfully beat nicotine addiction is worth every bit of effort you give to quitting, and then some. You are worth it! Welcome to the SSC! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,993 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $264 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$54,680.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5975 Hours: 15

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear auntie Way to go on 2 days of NO Smoking! WooooHOOOOOO! Yep, spacey is normal. Seems like you aready got a bunch of good advice. I just wanted to say go auntie! go auntie! go auntie! go auntie! go auntie! go auntie! We are here for you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 168 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,527 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $504 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
18 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep going - it gets a lot easier in time.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 132 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,632 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1122 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$100,247.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9181 Hours: 4

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Auntie, This indistinct but annoying symptom is linked with carbon monoxide withdrawal. It gives a sense of being in "another dimension." It can include changes in distance and space perception, a floating feeling, and a total lack of concentration. Remember that carbon monoxide is a deadly poison - it is a good thing to get out of your system. How long will this last? The first few weeks after quitting. Tips to help: Plan your workload to account for your temporary lack of concentration. Avoid additional stress during the first few weeks. If you have a symptom that persists or seems worse than you expected, you should immediately consult a doctor. It�s possible that your smoking has been masking symptoms of some illness, and when you stop smoking the symptoms abruptly become noticeable. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: