Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,678 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

Tears on my foccacia

17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brenda, are you on NRT's? Dont be so hard on yourself. Your body & soul are adjusting to the huge change you have made. I have read over and over that many people feel as though they are greiving the loss of a loved one. I think its your subconcious tricking you into taking that first puff, finding reasons why you should start again...... kind of like a child in the throws of a tantrum. . . . they ask, you say no, they beg, you say NO, they start screaming, you say NO and start to feel anxious, they start throwing things around, you still say NO you just want this child to stop and contemplate on giving them what they want but strongly you say NO..... Eventually they stop, and they will try a few more times after that but they realize that they will not be rewarded for bad behaviour (not saying you are behaving badly lol) This is only my thoughts on it coz a couple of days ago i was feeling the same. My mind was trying to convnice me that its not the right time to quit, and i was making up all these excuses. I started crying for no apparent reason.... and i was thinking what the heck!! then i realized what was happening. My subconcious was throwing a tantrum trying to tell me i couldnt do it.... im weak... well im not weak and im determined to say NO! Lol i hope you understand what im trying to say! Perhaps your husband is going through the same emotions but doesnt want to admit it.... (some men are like that) I think he truely does understand everything you are going through and just wishes deep down he could be like you. Just break down. Do what you feel necessary to get you through. If you cry, you cry, you yell you yell... while you are doing these things, you're not smoking :) Be strong Brenda, it will pass :) Celeste [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 95 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nicotine Replacement Therapy. I went cold turkey too. You know you dont need all those things to relax. I am a huge beleiver in herbal tea's, candles, soft relaxing music & scented oils with that someone special. Sleep well :) it gets easier. :) Celeste [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 109 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Brenda hang in there! I just blew it this morn and feel so terrible about it. I swear i see smokers all over the place now....like they pop out of nowhere. Take it from me you will regret it......starting all over stinks. Correen
17 years ago 0 102 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Never mind, I get it now, nrt... Duuh. Now I can add to my list (Eve C.A.R.E.'s thread) I'm not... that bright! Brenda [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 105 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
Thanks for that! You are right though! I was throwing my tebbybear out of the pram! When we were sitting on a terrace this afternoon, I was watching this woman, totally relaxed, watching the world go by, glass of wine, smoking a cigarette... And I started thinking... no wonder I can't relax, I need a cigarette for that. And then I thought, you silly woman, get a grip. And so, I'm still smober... Goodnight and good luck! ps, I have no idea what nrt is, but I'm sure it has to do with nicotine, so no, cold turkey! Brenda [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 105 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
Sorry to hear that Correen! It sounds a bit daft, but dust yourself off and start over again. I think that's the best thing for it. Don't beat yourself up, it's done. And now you know how bad you feel, maybe it will make you more determined. Hang in there, sending you a hug! Brenda [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 106 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
Ian and I went for lunch and shopping today. We passed hell week, so we thought it would be safe. What the heck is week two about? Ian was not amused (well, that's putting it mildly), and I was crying over my sandwich. I can't relax, am sad, and also slightly irritable... At least we suffer in stereo! Now, the storm has passed, and I'm sure tomorrow will be bright with clouds with silver linings... Tomorrow I will search for things I can destroy with violence. It does work for me so well! Hammer vs old china, ax vs tree (but always with safety gear!). Ian will post his version (...) here on Monday.. Brenda [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 105 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 1262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear daatske you said......... [i]What the heck is week two about? Ian was not amused (well, that's putting it mildly),[/i] ItsIronic......as week 2 is "HECK WEEK"....don't ya know? Week 1- Hell Week-DONE Week 2- Heck Week-You and Ian will get through this! I promise! (I promise as a co-quitter) who went through the exact samething. I would be willing to bet just about everyone of us at this site cried kicked and screamed at some point. That was a hard thing for me. I was not an emotional kinda a girl. If I were sad, I smoked. If I were pissed off, I smoked. Every emotion I had was relieved and dealt with a smoke. So you are going to feel a whole new way of dealing! Come here and vent. We are all here for you. You can do this. Kick, scream, cry. DON'T SMOKE. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 167 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,511 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $501 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ian/Brenda, You guys are doing great! Let those emotions role and give yourself some time to relax! Take some you time and sleep or take a hot bath. Pamper yourself for the day and get back in there! We are always here to help :) Keep Strong, Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: