Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,556 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Cold Turkey This Time

17 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Raider. You should change your quit date to reflect the 5 days already that you haven't smoked. That puts you way ahead of the game. sushik [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 611 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $216 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
cold turkey is best i think [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 322 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Raider-Im on Zyban and comit to packin up on Tues as the pilss have to take effect. Cold Turkey eh? Go on pal---tis right. Welcome Jacko uk [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Everyone. I have smoked for 12 years, about 35-40 cigarettes a day. I have tried to quit before many, many times with nicotine gum, mouth spray, patch and even Zyban. Now I have decided to just throw the packet and lighter out. After trying all those stuff mentioned above for so many times, I came to the conclusion that those are just scams bringing in profits for the companies that make them. Although I set my quit date for today, it has been a week without smoking - longer than any time when I used a patch, gum, Zyban etc. People are each unique, and I am sure others will benefit from making use of nicotine replacement, but for me it just didn't work. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Raider & Welcome to the SSC! I highly recommend that you work your way through the Quit Program Tools to the left of your screen. They will help you on your journey. Read, read and read some more of the threads here ... they will help a lot. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,273 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$54,504.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5956 Hours: 8

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 334 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Raider and welcome to the best group of quitters around!!!!!! Hey, if cold turkey works for you go for it! You are so right that different methods work for different people. Cold turkey just means you will get that nasty nickotine out of your system that much faster. When you need us we will be here for you. Take care and stay close. Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 124 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Raider, I too came to the same conclusion as you, no nic aids for me. It's not always easy, but as many that have come before you and me have found....quitting without nic aids is doable. Don't forget to reward yourself during your transformation. For me, I found that noticing and focusing on the wonderful and subtle changes that my body and even spirit are going through has been a big help. In fact, these changes sometimes serve as my reward! Best of Luck to you! Extra bonus, you are in the right place for support. Joonie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,248 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $217 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mmmmmmmm, NRT.... touchy subject here ! Yup i'm a Cold Turkey fan, Nicotine withdrawl only lasts 3 days.. why kick yourself over it ! I wont say anymore at the risk of offending.... :8o: [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=26408&forum=10]Refer my buried post that could help you[/url] keep your $$$ & spend them on yourself. ;p My the force be with you [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 539 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,491 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3503.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 77 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$12,524.52

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 626 Hours: 16

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Raider, That is why there are so many different products to use. But for all there is only one way to quit, and that is to not smoke. You keep up the work, and we are here if you need us. Cheryl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 354 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,518 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1008.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome aboard. Good luck on your quit. You can do it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 108 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,792 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $918 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$99,924.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9151 Hours: 13

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: