Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,801 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO

Newbie Here

18 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mama, I joined in june and quit June 15th how do you find thread call June-bugs roll call. I've looked for it but can't find it. Can you help Beb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 114 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hope your having a great day so far Beb ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 133 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I want to thank ALL of you for the support!!!! What great people you all are. I know i am at home here...it just feels good to know there are other people going through this as well. I plan on being here quite often, and hopefully,no I will be smoke free soon!!!!!!!!!!! My kids will be so SHOCKED when i do quit...but they will love it. They have always wanted me to quit...they both hate it sooooooooo much....i know they will support me all the way!!! OMG i don't know how i am going to do this though...i hate lingering doubts....they suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK...so I am already addicted to this site after what 3 days of finding you all. So, that's a good sign, right?:) I absolutely love reading all the posts but especially looking at the place where it tells you how many days you all have been smoke free!!!!!!!!!!! It gives me much hope!!!! I started the morning out but waiting 10 mins before my first smoke of the day. I am really feeling the effects of each cig. each time i do light up...so reading all this on here has really made me more concious of what i am doing to myself and my family. It helps me alot to just get on here and post and write out my feelings...so i will probably do this alot and maybe bug you all, but it does help me. I know i can do this, it's just all in the matter of making my mind up for good. Thanks again, today is looking good so far...Thanks...
[color=Teal]Text[/color][b]Text[/b]Hi, I am new to joining this site today. I am just wanting to introduce myself to you all and hopefully i will be able to say I have quit soon. I plan or so-call plan to quit before i turn 40 which is in July!!!!!!!! It freaks me out so bad though. Hopefully i can make lots of friends here and get some much much needed support. :p
Thank you both so much. I know I will need help. I will keep you all updated on my progress....i have to build up my will to do this.
Today is another day in hell for me...I am turning 40 in July and i have started have the symptoms of menopause already...i haven't had a period in 3 months...i feel like i could stab someone, not literally but you women know what i mean....i am uncomfortable, bloated, and just plain old miserable. I am snappy, grouchy, and unhappy. This makes thinking about quitting smoking even harder.I know it's up to me, but god only knows that i am in the worst mood i have ever been in in my life. Is anyone else going through this????? I feel like my whole life is out of control right now, not only the smoking, but many many other aspects as well. Just thought i'd share, and get some of my feeling out here...thanks for listening.
Thanks everyone for welcoming me into the group. I have done some of the excersises and so it opened my eyes up to what i need to do. However, i think i am still going to struggle as i am sure you all have. I know that with me it's more of a habbit. I guess, but i know i do have "certain" times when i smoke, and this morning i tried the let's not smoke one as soon as your eyes open thing, and i held off for about 5 mins. or so...so that's good. And when i'm at work, i really always wait about 1-2-3 hours in between smokes, because i will get busy with customers, which is a good thing, but when i get home in the evening that's when i do most of my smoking.....and the weekends. So, i am going to have to start finding something else to do during the evenigs.....This is sad to say, but my father is on oxygen right now, and will be never be away from it. He has had a heart attack, stroke, lung cancer, and now emphysema....he struggles for every breath he takes...he is 71 yrs old...and had smoked since he was 12. He quit right before he had the heart attack....then continued to smoke cigars....claiming all the while that he didn't inhale it...ha i knew he did...anyway his dad died of emphysema also, and i know i probably will too, if i don't quit...sadly he watched his father die, and i will watch mine die too of smoking, yet i continue to kill myself with each cigarette...why do we do this?????? I am so disgusted, but can't seem to make myself stop....anyway, sorry this is so long. I will try to post everyday, but not the weekends b/c i don't have a computer at home....Thanks everyone again, and hopefully i will do you proud!!!!!!!!!
18 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Aruba!!!! This is an awesome place for support. Taking the time to read some of the older posts will make that fact clear. They may help prepare you for what is ahead (or could be). [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 256 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
welcome [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 724 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $254.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15

Reading this thread: