Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,839 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

Intro

18 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Elaine. My first week was rough and there were times that I wanted to smoke so bad. I ended up taking deep breathes and holding it in until I couldn't no more then letting it out. I would get a light headed effect similiar to that of a nicotine rush. At one point, I held my breath for so long that I almost passed out! So try not to go that far ;) Good luck. -Mel [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 896 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $220 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
18 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone, I officially quit smoking 2 weeks ago today. I've been lurking here since then, but this is my first post. I did really well until this Saturday when I encountered a very stressful day combined with a 9 hour car ride. I just couldn't handle it and broke down and smoked, but I'm back on the band wagon today. That's why you will see on my stats that my new "official" quit date is 4/26. I decided that I had come too far to punish myself for the minor slip, therefore, I deducted 2 days from my quit date rather than start over completely. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully by posting I will be able to keep from slipping again. Elaine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 191 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56.16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am glad you joined us! My date is Monday...already tried in march and am back on!~ Good Luck to you!
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Emmc!!! You picked yourself up, dusted yourself off, and hopped right back on the wagon!! [color=Blue][b]I am proud of you.[/color][/b] I just wanted to let you know that. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,964 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $212.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Elaine - You are doing great - a little slip and right back on the wagon. Try to figure out what caused that trigger and try not to get yourself in that again! A long car drive was killer for me. I found myself not being able to go out of town for a while - I just didn't trust myself! Now I protect my quit with all my strength. I'm proud that you got yourself right back on that track. Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 776 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$1,705,462.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5868 Hours: 7

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: