Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Here Goes

18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi i guit smoking yesterday and so far i been pretty heavy for a puff but i have not pick one up. the coughs in the mornings are really making me hate smoking thats why i gave it up.i have a husband who does not smoke and three children whom ages varies from 24 to 13 and 3 i like to live longer for my children and my 24 year old does not smoke none of them do thank god.i am currently on the patch i tried before cold turkey and failed. the patch does help, i get alot of headaches though. nice to see people out here care thnks forever
18 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Today is the first day of being smoke free for me in a long time. I've tried before but never got the courage to get support like this. I feel better being in the same boat as someone else
18 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone just plucked up the courage to quit (and post a message) its been on my mind for ages. Kind of nervous but it's good to know there'sites like this out there. Have to do it this time.
18 years ago 0 300 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there! You made the best choice to quit smoking. Have you quit cold turkey? I find this site to be soooo helpful in my quit journey. Even though I dont post much, I do read read read. Good luck and keep us posted. Keep stong, you can do this! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 799 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$204,426.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5159 Hours: 2

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Slack and Rylan, Welcome to SSC, you have chose a wonderful site to start you quit. I hope you both will stay strong and post when you need help. You need also to read and post. I look forward to your next posts... Hang tuff and fight with all you have....this is a big investment, it's your life..... Blessing sent to both of you, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,815 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $371 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$229,979.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6398 Hours: 3

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Slack, You are doing ALL THE RIGHT THINGS. Welcome to SSC. Go to the left and work the tools. If taken seriously and you follow them they do help. No that this week will be a tough one for you and we will be here to see you through. Get prepared with different resources to help you get through these next few days. First remember you have smoked how ever long you have and there are many toxins in your body that need to be cleaned out so DRINK DRINK DRINK WATER. This helps to clean out those dirty things and to help with cleaning out the pipes :) Go back and read as many of the old post as you can alone with the new ones, there are many many wise words written here and they will be a great help to see you through. What you are doing is a great and mighty thing. Don't be shy and post as the week goes by and let us know how you are doing. Don't go through it alone. Because you are not alone. You have a world of non-smokers here waiting to help you. Lana ^i^ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,995 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $495 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Slack, I admire your courage. Fear of quitting kept me smoking longer than I ever planned :mad: so you should be very proud of yourself. :) [i]Sometimes the first step is the hardest.[/i] After you get rid of 'everything' try to avoid people and places where you are tempted to smoke. Later on you will be able to handle these with more confidence. Alter your habits. Switch to juices or water instead of alcohol or coffee. Take a different route to work. Take a brisk walk instead of a coffee break. etc. Alternatives. Use oral substitutes such as sugarless gum or hard candy, raw vegetables such as carrot sticks, or sunflower seeds. Activities. Exercise or do hobbies that keep your hands busy, such as needlework or woodworking, that can help distract you from the urge to smoke. Deep breathing. When you were smoking, you breathed deeply as you inhaled the smoke. When the urge strikes now, breathe deeply and picture your lungs filling with fresh, clean air. Remind yourself of your reasons for quitting and the benefits you'll gain as an ex-smoker. Delay. If you feel that you are about to light up, delay. Tell yourself you must wait at least 10 minutes. Often this simple trick will allow you to move beyond the strong urge to smoke. SSC. Come here often and read and post. Again welcome! [color=blue]~[font=Arial]all the best[/font][/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6922/n3us.gif[/img][size=3][color=blue]2[/color][/size][img]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2344/k6ob.gif[/img] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 241 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,319 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1205 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CONGARATULATIONS TO SLACK AND RYLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have both made a wonderful decision to quit smoking. I hope you have not gone into this without considering how you are going to make this quit "work". In other words, I hope you have prepared yourself to have some tough moments and know how you are going to cope - have your hard candy, gum, toothpicks, cinnamon sticks, etc., etc. You will need all of these in the days to come and a lot of determination and commitment. Come to SSC often and read how others are coping and post whenever you feel like it. We will hold your hands but it does take a lot of hard work on your part. Just remember - Not One Puff Ever!!!!!! That is what kept me firm in my quit. Good luck to both of you. Hugs, Nan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 367 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,459 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1394.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25

Reading this thread: