Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Not yesterday but Tomorrow

18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can do it! We are here for support! I am gonna need some as well. Its encouraging to see the quit meters on the posts...makes you realize that it really can be done!! Good Luck!
18 years ago 0 46 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok, so I'm accepting that I am weak but I refuse to let that excuse cause me to continue to smoke. I've changed my quit date. It will be tomorrow. The reason for this is I just completed the final countdown plan. I've smoked a cigarette today. Just one but that's enough to put a kink in my "NO SMOKING" plan. Instead of beating myself up (like I'm doing right now) I need to tell myself that I'm not perfect and smoking one or two today is better than what I smoked before. Tomorrow I dump my smoking gear. I can do this, yes I can!
18 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Milaya Sometimes I think we build up The Big Day, in our minds to our determent. Maybe taking a amore even keel attitude, can keep us from beating ourselves up, if we experience a false start. Self flogging accomplishes nothing. I highly recommend the Commit lozenge. You can pick them up at your local Box-Mart. I love how well they quash my cravings. Best Wishes [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 201 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $31.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcom Milaya and Congratulations on your decision abandon your addiction to old Nic! Keep up the Positive Thoughts and get yourself ready for the cravings. You CAN do this. You've got a family of quitters just an internet connection away, ready to offer encouragement, advice and shoulders to lean against. But - make sure you have a supply of "helpers" at hand. Sugar free gum, straws, carrot sticks, cinnamon sticks, what ever you need for those moments. I find it helps to remember that the "average" craving only lasts 5 minutes. You can handle 5 minutes, even though it might feel like 5 days, just be ready with a distraction! I'll be sending warm thoughts your way. Peace, Jackey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/22/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 112 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,252 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $468.16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$215,778.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7819 Hours: 13

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
yes you can Milaya! Were all here to help you. Think positive and focus on why you want to quit! Post here as often as you can... use the IM if needed. Good luck! Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $216 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
18 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Milaya...How is everything going?? Check in with us. We are here for you!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 659 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
18 years ago 0 128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Milaya, YOU CAN DO IT.. You hang in there and when it's right you will do it. Do all you can to prepare like everyone is telling you. Post every minute if you have to to get through each minute of the day. Whatever it takes to help you get through. First off throw away all of your smokes, matches, lighter, ashtrays, BUTTS, when they are not around you don't have them to reach for. Then you can reach for SSC instead. Good luck and many are here for you [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,893 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $470 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
18 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Milaya - one other thing..... If you find that you cannot get past the panic of the first day, see your doctor. Let them know what you want to do. There are a lot of ways they can ease the pain of those first days for you. A doctor assisted quit with nicotine replacement therapy is every bit as good as a cold turkey quit in the end. Hang in there.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,318 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $314.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$99,939.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9152 Hours: 23

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Milaya - YES YOU CAN! Good advice in other posts here. Come here, read, post, talk to us. Look at me, I've posted over 100 times now. This place is a vital part of my quit. It lets me know I'm not alone and it offers me support when I need it. GO FOR IT - and never look back once you do. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,318 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $314.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$99,939.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9152 Hours: 23

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: