Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

18 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the warm welcome. How do I add the Milage thingy here? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 169 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all, I quit 5 days ago and so far it�s not too bad. I love smoking , and was sad to give it up. But I think it will be ok. The cost was really bugging me. I�m using the Commit lozenge and it has really helped. The first day I used the lozenge and drank water..water�and more water. Since then, I pay attention to what I eat and continue with lots of water, When I feel the desire, I pop in a lozenge for a while, after the desire passes I take out the lozenge and save it for the next time.
18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
5 DAYS ELAINE-WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!! I'M COMMIT TO MY QUIT-NO MATTER WHAT!!! MANY MANY BLESSINGS EVE :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 37 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi elaine, Welcome to the site. I'm glad you decided to quite smoking, you don't need to be wasting your money on those nasty things plus think of how clean your hair, house and car will smell-it's great. I take lots of deep breaths and chew sugar-free gum(sometimes a BIG wad). Visit this site often and work thru the program at the left...I hope you also think about the other benefits of being a non-smoker, easier to breathe, no more stained teeth or yellow fingernails, no longer feeling like a leper or outcast.I'm loving the freedom from the smoking monster. :eg:Stay strong and stay with us-you can do it. Trudy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 519 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $65.78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Elaine! Glad you found your way here! 5 days already.............. that is GREAT! ;) Reach out to us anytime. We are all here to help. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $124.26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done Elaine, just keep on keeping on! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 788 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �162.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Afternoon Elaine, The decision to quit smoking is a huge step in the right direction. It is important when deciding to quit, that we quit for the right reasons and that we truly feel we are ready to quit smoking. Honesty with one self is key to a successfull quit. Be true to yourself and your endeavor to quit smoking and you will successfully succeed. If you have not, please take advantage of our free quit program as you access your glove compartment when logging on to our site. This program will help you through each step of the quitting process. Remember the SSC Support Team is always here to help you with your quit. Please keep us posted :). Melanie _______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: