Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Hi people

18 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all for the kind words and the support, it means a great deal to me. Yeah my mother stopped smoking many years ago, but still smokes at certain occasions. I remember the coughing from the father; he also started at a young age. He's now in his late 40's and is still smoking, sometimes I can hear him coughing, at time it's so bad that he gets out of bed...To smoke...Talk about irony hehe. I just didn't want to end up like that. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 83 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, guess I might as well introduce myself. My name is Joe, I'm 21 and I've been smoking since the age of 12. I've tried to quit twice before but (obviously) without luck. But now's gonna be different. Why? Because I'm concerned about my health. My girlfriend noticed I started to cough while sleeping, and I woke up a few time because of it too. It has long been my plan to stop, I just needed the motivation. Guess i found it :p I've been smoke free for almost a week now. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 83 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
18 years ago 0 296 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Forgot my stats :P [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 127 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 296 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Joe, Way to go on your 5 days. Those first days were the hardest for me but everyday seems to get a little easier. Hang in there and keep us posted on how you are doing. Im not that far ahead of you so I defantly know what you are going threw. Alley
18 years ago 0 299 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You made a smart choice. The coughing would have only gotten worse and worse and more painful. Your body told you how bad it was and you listened to it. Congratulations and good job. Keep at it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 111 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$16,503.46

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 907 Hours: 0

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gumphfy, Congratulations on your BIG 5 days already that is great!!! I know that you will love this site. I was looking at the new members and had seen that you had not posted, I was getting ready to welcome you. Well Joe, I smoked for 50 years and if I can quit anyone can. I just celebrated my 3 months of my quit on Friday. I am so proud, and most of all my family has given me so much support and love. I hope that you have a lot of support. You will find lots of support on this site all you have to do is ask and keep asking. Like you I started smoking at a very young age. My parents smoked, well I guess the whole family smoked. So I guess I dedided it was the thing to do. Well it wasn't the thing to do. I'm so happy that you have made the choice at an early age to stop smoking. I will be watching for your posts so stay strong and fight with all the strength that you have.... Blessing sent your way.... :) SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 92 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,573 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $322 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$229,984.31

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6398 Hours: 5

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done Joe, you have nearly done a week which is a big achievement. Just keep close to this site as we are all going through what you are, just ask if you need any help or information. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 751 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �155 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joe, Congrats on almost completing a week! Take the time to prepare yourself and see the difference it can make. Our online support group can assist you through those tough times. Welcome to our support community and let us know if we can help. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: