Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Newbie going to stop using NLP

18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for all your positive thoughts... Ive have confirmed my appointment at the NLP centre... I know its going to be hard... Ive also been smoking cannabis every day for the last 5 years, and this is going to have to stop too, I dont know whats going to happen, but im actually looking forward to being smoke free... My wife hates the smell of smoke, and wont let me near her most of the time, as i smell so bad of smoke... Im not going to fail... even if giving up smoking kills me. LoL
What a great site... Hello everyone, after 15 years of smoking nearly 20 a day, i have decided to give up at the end of April using Hypnotherapy/NLP Has anyone tried this method, i know there is no miracle cure, but this with lots of will-power should turn me into a non smoker.... I have never tried to give up before, this will be my first attempt, and i will noit fail... Let the challenge commense
Thanks for your positive advise folks... Im not going to buy any tapes or CD's as i can honestly say i will not follow them to the "teeth" Im actually going to a place where they do it, it takes about an hour, through a qualified NLP proffesional...
18 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi WeedFree I purchased a HypnoTherapy/NLP Audio CD to help me quit smoking a 30 years 30 cig/day habit. I admit I didn't follow the program to the teeth. Actually after all, I was afraid to put all my eggs in this basket and set myself up for failure and wasted time and money, which would push my next quit attempt for long time in the future, if there is a future one. Please do not rely completely on this, There are many many ways that people follow to their health goal, the most important thing is the absolute commitment to quitting, like: "I'm going to do this, no matter how easy or how hard it is", like: "I am very willing to suffer few days of hardship and misery for a lifetime of freedom and health" Like when the craving comes, say : "Welcome, you'v been expected, nothing but temporary nuisance you are" and get on with your life. By the way, the NLP tape put me to sleep everytime. Good Luck! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
18 years ago 0 1262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Weedfree Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking! I can't say first hand anything about hypnotherapy, but I do know an important to becoming a nonsmoker besides the nicotine withdraw is the brain dependency. I have heard that hypnosis can help with that. I have managed to quit on first attempt after 34 years of smoking. You sound like me......I am doing this. My friends laughed at me and said yeaaaa.....right. I also knew I would not fail. Whatever methods you use, SSC is here for you! Come here and read and post. It helps! Stay Strong Weedfree. (I like that name) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 874 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $174 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey there weedfree! My hubby and I were hypnotized. I think it worked.......... I've only tried to quit 2 times before, but not seriously, as they only lasted about 6 hours. But this time is different. I didnt feel anything. I still went through withdrawls, did the emoitional stuff, but here I am. After about the 8th day I no longer had craved. I still feel that way. I have had a few bad days, but for the most part, I remain calm. That is what I think helped the most. My hypnotist told us how to breathe, stay calm, clear headed, etc....... I would say that is why I made it past day 2. I only quit because my hubby wanted to. I knew it would be easier for him. I waited for him to blow it, so that I could smoke. But I grew into my quit. I savor it now. I will not smoke, even if he does.(he hasn't yet either.. if he can do it, you can too!!!) Anyway, great decision. I believe in hypnotherapy! I am a walking truth to that! It works.......... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 741 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78.48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WEED, Welcome to our support community and please take a look around. If you do a search within the site for Hypnotherapy, you will find the thoughts and opinions of other members. Start now and prepare for that day! Preparation is the key and can be an essential part of your quit. Please keep us updated! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: