Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Day 2 of Quit Prep

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bill, Keep up the great work. Remember we are your quit family, you can come to us at any point to vent or anything else. Keep the good fight going! Take Care, Melanie ______________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok all, another day of trying my quit prep. I woke at 6 A.M. and not one stick of sugar coated garbage yet. (8:30 am in Nashville) The quit date is still set for Monday. Trying to see how long I can go..but I am going insane right now. Just needed to vent a little. An easy day at work today....wonder if I can make it the whole day. Yesterday I went from having about 20 on Wed. to 5 yesterday. So I am on the right track. Thanks for your help. Bill
Just had my first one of the day. Thought I might make it...but dang student. At least the worse class is behind me. 1 since 6 am that almost four and half hours. I am going to do this...I think i could have gone without that one...I just gave in to easy. I have to be ready for those. Ready or not...cigs are gone forever in three days!!!!! Bill [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Thanks redrosie, Next week is spring break...a week without the students. I am going to use the week to DT so no one hears about me on the evening news...lol. I hope when I return to be smoke free..no let me rephrase that.... I WILL BE SMOKE FREE!!!!!!!!! Bill
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're right, you have to be strong. You think your classes are tough? Get ready to rumble come Monday! :p Just jokin', It can be tough but sooo worth it. You seem like you have your head on straight about this, so I'm sure you'll do fine. Have a great weekend and get yourself prepared. The tools offered here are great. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,979 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $680.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
You are on the right track Bill. I'm so glad you are keeping up on this. You sound like you are ready. Make sure you are replacing your "garbage" with something else. Mints, candy, carrot sticks, it really helps. So much of this addiction is an "oral" thing. You need to satisfy that end of things too. Keep going Bill, we're all rootin for ya!! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,977 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $680.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Yeah Bill, that's the spirit!! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,981 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $680.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0

Reading this thread: