Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,697 Members

Please welcome our newest members: LLYKA, aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH, Sav

Introduction

18 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have already quit going on 10 months ago. My date was June 9, 2005. I had just finally had enough and wanted to do this for myself, my husband and my 13 year old son. I can't say that it was really very much of a struggle for me because I wanted to do it. I picked a day and started my nicorette gum. I will never start back again. I smoked for 25 years. I do jazzercise three times a week and that I'm sure is the only thing thats kept me from getting fat. I have gained 9 lbs. I guess that has been the biggest struggle for me until now. Lately within the last couple of weeks now, I notice that there are time that I cannot seem to completely fill my lungs with air. Other times I can. I have not been coughing or spitting up anything. I'm making an appointment with the Dr on Monday to see about this. Its gotten to be real bothersome now. Has anyone else experienced this?
18 years ago 0 1262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Teppy Welcome to the group and congratulations on your quit. Yes, I have definitely experienced similar symptoms. I am learing it takes a long time for your body to recover from smoking. Great ideal, Please see your doctor as soon as possible. Take Kare [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 699 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $138 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on your 10 months, that is awesome!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 331 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,627 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2482.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Teppy, Welcome to the site and congrats on 10 months free! Please take the time to share with us your experiences as we can all learn from one another. It is a good idea to check with your doctor as you are doing. They will be able to rule our anything medical. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: